COD4 freeze durning online play

hey guys need some help
call of duty was running fine then all of a sudden freezes while playing online pc is well above the games standards
could it be bad install?
freeze happens on all severs to
8 answers Last reply
More about cod4 freeze durning online play
  1. Disable any monitoring programs, like ntune, ati tool, (anything that monitors temps.) Mine froze until I found out this was the root cause. Ntune you may have to end the process in task manager.
  2. ok ill try that i have speedfan running with my G15 plug in
    thanks
    could xfire also cause similar porbs
  3. bossgatekeeper said:
    ok ill try that i have speedfan running with my G15 plug in
    thanks
    could xfire also cause similar porbs

It may, but I cant be certain, just disable all of it to confirm it no longer freezes, then enable items one at a time until the problem returns to find the culprit.
  4. yeah while messing around i bought about the bsod so i formated and tried again none of the programs i talked about are installed exept xfire and the freeze still happens could it be the Logitech G15 kyeboard?
  5. if you have a spare keyboard to plug in its place, try it, I suppose it could. Does the game run fine in single player?
  6. yeah i tried my bros keyboard and same thing so i unistalled xfire and the problem has apeared to gone for now mught try the keyboard plugins again and see what happens
  7. i tried everything,

i built a new pc and the freeze started, eventually i tried updating my bios

this worked, it turns out that punkbuster didnt like my ethernet port settings and a bios update worked

never froze again
  8. I'm using logitech g15, and it causes my cod4 to crash everytime I'm logged into xfire. It doesn't take too long to freeze the whole computer. But as soon as I log off from xfire and start playing, I got no problems whatsoever. Weird...

Xfire doesn't like G15? :D or vice versa...
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Call of Duty Games Video Games