Sign in with
Your question

COD4 freeze durning online play

Last response: in Video Games
April 9, 2008 2:11:45 PM

hey guys need some help
call of duty was running fine then all of a sudden freezes while playing online pc is well above the games standards
could it be bad install?
freeze happens on all severs to
April 9, 2008 6:49:16 PM

Disable any monitoring programs, like ntune, ati tool, (anything that monitors temps.) Mine froze until I found out this was the root cause. Ntune you may have to end the process in task manager.
April 10, 2008 5:47:07 AM

ok ill try that i have speedfan running with my G15 plug in
thanks
could xfire also cause similar porbs
Related resources
April 11, 2008 5:06:01 PM

bossgatekeeper said:
ok ill try that i have speedfan running with my G15 plug in
thanks
could xfire also cause similar porbs

It may, but I cant be certain, just disable all of it to confirm it no longer freezes, then enable items one at a time until the problem returns to find the culprit.
April 12, 2008 11:56:43 AM

yeah while messing around i bought about the bsod so i formated and tried again none of the programs i talked about are installed exept xfire and the freeze still happens could it be the Logitech G15 kyeboard?
April 13, 2008 7:38:49 AM

if you have a spare keyboard to plug in its place, try it, I suppose it could. Does the game run fine in single player?
April 13, 2008 8:16:35 AM

yeah i tried my bros keyboard and same thing so i unistalled xfire and the problem has apeared to gone for now mught try the keyboard plugins again and see what happens
September 20, 2008 1:59:53 AM

i tried everything,

i built a new pc and the freeze started, eventually i tried updating my bios

this worked, it turns out that punkbuster didnt like my ethernet port settings and a bios update worked

never froze again
October 27, 2008 5:12:19 PM

I'm using logitech g15, and it causes my cod4 to crash everytime I'm logged into xfire. It doesn't take too long to freeze the whole computer. But as soon as I log off from xfire and start playing, I got no problems whatsoever. Weird...

Xfire doesn't like G15? :D  or vice versa...
!