When I write something in Microsoft Works, then attachit to an email, the
receiver cannot open the attachment. If I send it to myself, I can open it no
problem! Any ideas!

Does the receiver of the email also have Microsoft Works installed
on his/her computer?

Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook Express
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q329570

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Peejay/Diver" wrote:

| When I write something in Microsoft Works, then attachit to an email, the
| receiver cannot open the attachment. If I send it to myself, I can open it no
| problem! Any ideas!

I'm not sure, have sent several to business, and a few to friends. All have
said they cannot open them, so I am assuming the problem is to do with the
settings on my computer, as they receive them ok from other people.

Peejay/Diver wrote:
> When I write something in Microsoft Works, then attachit to an email, the
> receiver cannot open the attachment. If I send it to myself, I can open it no
> problem! Any ideas!
The receiver probably does not have MSW installed.
Try saving in Rich Text Format (*.rt f) and
attaching that. Most systems recognize that
extension.

HTH Skid

Skid Schermerhorn wrote:
> Peejay/Diver wrote:
>> When I write something in Microsoft Works, then attachit to an
>> email, the receiver cannot open the attachment. If I send it to
>> myself, I can open it no problem! Any ideas!
> The receiver probably does not have MSW installed.
> Try saving in Rich Text Format (*.rt f) and
> attaching that. Most systems recognize that
> extension.
>
> HTH Skid

No they don't. Most systems recognize PLAIN text.
OE cannot read Outlook's RTF format.
--
Kath Adams
MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)

Peejay/Diver wrote:
> When I write something in Microsoft Works, then attachit to an email,
> the receiver cannot open the attachment. If I send it to myself, I
> can open it no problem! Any ideas!

Change to sending in plain text and see if that helps.