ABIT IT7-MAX2 V2.0 or Asus P4PE

jonnyurso

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
I know that Asus P4PE rocks. But has anyone try the ABIT main board IT7-MAX2 V2.0?
I read about the BE7 also from ABIT and seems to me that they still have memory troubles with Intel chipsets.
Am i right?
Apart from that did anyone tested this motherboard?
Does anyone knows a good site with a review of the abit board?
Thanks

jonnyurso

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
Well i read in a site now that the ABIT IT7-MAX2 V2.0 has a few troubles with some overclocking features.
Does anyone has anything to say about the performance of te P4PE?

Both boards may have some "cold boot issues" with overclocking, but the chipset and or power supply may be the source of the problem. I would go for whichever board meets your requirements. This issue is random; not everyone is having the problem. Motherboards.org has a review of the max-2, and the p4pe was top rated by this website recently.

jonnyurso

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
Yep it's true but the fact is that i'ved worked with Asus motherboards and with Abit motherboards for 3 years and clearly Asus is better than Abit in manufacturing, assistence and bios/drivers updates.
With Asus i take about 1 or 2 weeks to have an answer to a tech problem and with Abit it takes about 1 or 2 MONTHS!!!
My problem is that i can get an Abit motherboard IT7-MAX2 V2.0 for allmost half the price i'll pay for the Asus motherboard.
So what do i do?
Buy asus or abit?