Sign in with
Your question

DVD burning sweetness

Last response: in Linux/Free BSD
June 2, 2004 5:32:56 PM

I have a plextor 8/4/40+ and 4/4/40- R/RW burner and I couldn't ever get it to burn perfectly in windowsXP. Perhaps it was the burning software, but it liked to only burn 4x DVDs at 2.7x and once in a while I got errors. Sucks to that.

I just got xcdroast with the cdrecord-ProDVD plugin working on my gentoo install and did a test burn of a dvd. I burned a 4x+R disc at 8x (actually, most of the time the speed indicator was saying 8.5x) and it came out flawlessly :smile:

Yay for me heh.

s signature has been formatted to fit your scr

More about : dvd burning sweetness

June 2, 2004 10:50:07 PM

k3b is also good for that but you have to have the use="dvdrw" in your /etc/make/conf
before emerging

Willaim S. Huskey
Network Engineer
SAIC
"there are 10 types of people in this world. They who understand binary and they who do not"
June 3, 2004 2:35:15 AM

I've not tried k3b yet. Does it require you to make an iso on your hard drive before burning too? That's my only gripe with xcdroast right now is if I have 3 gigs of data I want to back up, I have to have 3 gigs of free space to create an iso in before I burn it.

I've got dvdr in my make.conf, didn't know (or think) there was a dvdrw one too.

s signature has been formatted to fit your scr
June 3, 2004 4:34:38 AM

it uses growfs and I belive it makes a imige as it burns. its says soemthing like you need at lest 5% of the total size. but I do not belive it needs the whole space to burn. Xcdroas remember is a GUI tool for CDrecord. Don't get me wrong I love xcdroast but K3b seams to have a little more finnish to the product. I use Xcdroast to burn images and K3b to do everything else. I would really like to knwo how to make an audio DVD. It woudl be nice to burn my RUSH cds to one DVD.

Willaim S. Huskey
Network Engineer
SAIC
"there are 10 types of people in this world. They who understand binary and they who do not"
!