Cannot erase a CD-RW (files recorded as read only)

I am using Nero Express to record jpg's onto a Memorex CD-RW that has
"1X-4X speed" indicated on the CD. The jpg's get recorded as "read
only" so I cannot move them around on the cd noe can I erase them.

Any suggestions??????

TIA

Loring H
1 answer Last reply
More about cannot erase files recorded read only

    Hi Loring,

    Unless you are using Packet Writing, you will not have the ability to
    erase/change individual files on a CDRW. Nero Express is not a packet
    writing program, it uses the iso-9660 system similar to XP's native writing
    utility. All files written to CDR/CDRW media will be read only. With a CDRW,
    your only option will be to rease the disk fully. Nero often includes InCD
    which is packet writing software, you may want to check your program.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Loring Hutchinson" <loringh@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >I am using Nero Express to record jpg's onto a Memorex CD-RW that has
    > "1X-4X speed" indicated on the CD. The jpg's get recorded as "read
    > only" so I cannot move them around on the cd noe can I erase them.
    >
    > Any suggestions??????
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Loring H

Read Only CD-Rom Microsoft Windows XP