Sign in with
Your question

Assassin's Creed

Last response: in Video Games
April 12, 2008 1:11:53 PM

I bought Assassin's Creed on PC the other day and Ive been playing it for a while it keeps freezing on me and I have to press alt tab and re-select it and then press alt enter to make it fullscreen if anyone else is having the same problem or other problems please right back to me

More about : assassin creed

April 13, 2008 5:03:38 PM

im having a similar problem. the game runs fine but once i go to one of the village which holds the next assassin the game freezes. so i cant progress to the next level.
=[
Related resources
April 15, 2008 4:13:49 AM

Nvidiafanboy said:
it keeps freezing on me and I have to press alt tab and re-select it and then press alt enter to make it fullscreen

Ive got exactly the same problem :( 
April 15, 2008 10:26:10 AM

The games froze one me just one time, and it didn't repeated. But I love this game, for I can play it all on max (even everything in my catalyst control center is set at max)

btw, if I enable SMOOTHVISION HD-ani. filtering, the lighting shows through characters and walls!
April 15, 2008 3:32:20 PM

Assassin's Creed rocks, it had potential. The graphics are quite sick, especially the shadows. Detail on the world is really good.
April 15, 2008 3:40:33 PM

assassins creed is terrorist propaganda. destroy it.
April 15, 2008 4:36:13 PM

I bought the game and it keeps telling me to insert the original CD... I had to download a fixed EXE just to play a game I bought.... doesn't make much sense... and Ubisoft's customer support has been useless.
April 15, 2008 4:42:26 PM

surrealdeal said:

:lol: 
April 15, 2008 4:55:26 PM

surrealdeal said:

Hey the main character is an equal opportunity murderer and kills muslims and christians alike.
April 16, 2008 3:29:20 AM

surrealdeal said:

Terrorrist Propaganda???Now that is just plain ignorant. Your right-wing propaganda. Talk about scape-goating. Terrosism itself is just a fraud that the goverment uses to sabotage our civil liberties. People are too willing to sacrifice rights for security. A business venture that will end in a lose-lose situation. Is it terrorist because some Arabs were actually involved in the game. Sorry but that is just pure racism. Besides, about 90% of so-called terrorism is just state-funded. In fact the biggest sponsor of Terrorist tactics is the United States, Just look at its involvement in world affairs, especially in Central and South America, using fear tactics and Coups. Assassin's creed is a nice shake-up to all that pro-imperislist propaganda we breath in from games like COD, and Generals. This aint a democracy, but thats another thread.
April 16, 2008 7:52:03 AM

DarthPiggie said:
Terrorrist Propaganda???Now that is just plain ignorant. Your right-wing propaganda. Talk about scape-goating.

Lighten up, dude/dudette. I do not think it was a very serious comment that you are reacting on.
April 16, 2008 12:41:52 PM

Do Not Feed The Trolls
April 16, 2008 12:51:36 PM

llama_man said:
Do Not Feed The Trolls

Wheres the trolls, I got some old ham sandwiches somewhere with green bits in...

Although i dont remember the green bits when i made them...

How odd...
April 16, 2008 3:01:18 PM

DarthPiggie said:
Terrorrist Propaganda???Now that is just plain ignorant. Your right-wing propaganda. Talk about scape-goating. Terrosism itself is just a fraud that the goverment uses to sabotage our civil liberties. People are too willing to sacrifice rights for security. A business venture that will end in a lose-lose situation. Is it terrorist because some Arabs were actually involved in the game. Sorry but that is just pure racism. Besides, about 90% of so-called terrorism is just state-funded. In fact the biggest sponsor of Terrorist tactics is the United States, Just look at its involvement in world affairs, especially in Central and South America, using fear tactics and Coups. Assassin's creed is a nice shake-up to all that pro-imperislist propaganda we breath in from games like COD, and Generals. This aint a democracy, but thats another thread.

I really think the guy was just joking, but....

have you ever served in the military? I served 6 years 20 months of which was spent in Iraq. I would think before opening your yap before you want to point to what I did there as terrorism. You don't know a thing.

We used no "fear tactics", although ou r job probably would have been alot easier had we done so.

Stop acting like the United States is the only country with blood on its hands for any bad deeds.

If I felt like listing them I am sure I can compile a plether of injustices done by every single first world country and most of what the 3rd world does to itself is self explanitory, but I guess thats Americas fault.

April 16, 2008 4:53:51 PM

TY for your service. I guess someone getting uppity about a joke that hasnt even been there done that is a little inexperienced. This is OT, but once again, thanks
April 17, 2008 1:19:26 AM

tsd16 said:
I really think the guy was just joking, but....

have you ever served in the military? I served 6 years 20 months of which was spent in Iraq. I would think before opening your yap before you want to point to what I did there as terrorism. You don't know a thing.

We used no "fear tactics", although ou r job probably would have been alot easier had we done so.

Stop acting like the United States is the only country with blood on its hands for any bad deeds.

If I felt like listing them I am sure I can compile a plether of injustices done by every single first world country and most of what the 3rd world does to itself is self explanitory, but I guess thats Americas fault.

Don't worry, I know soldiers just follow orders and get reprimanded when they start to question orders, the real perpetrators are those who vote for war, but dont have a child in the military, that is unfair. The middle Class bears the brunt of the war economy. And Yes, every country is guilty of something, especially corrupt third world nations. But the US just gets to me with hypocrisy.
April 17, 2008 1:29:05 AM

DarthPiggie said:

finally someone who understands it all
April 17, 2008 3:37:20 AM

tallguy1618 said:
finally someone who understands it all

Thanks I was getting kicked around here, but I guess the truth ain't popular yet. I guess I will always catch flak but our voices need to be heard.
April 17, 2008 7:49:52 AM

atomicvai said:
I bought the game and it keeps telling me to insert the original CD... I had to download a fixed EXE just to play a game I bought.... doesn't make much sense... and Ubisoft's customer support has been useless.

A friend of mine had the same problem!
April 17, 2008 2:48:59 PM

DarthPiggie said:
Don't worry, I know soldiers just follow orders and get reprimanded when they start to question orders, the real perpetrators are those who vote for war, but dont have a child in the military, that is unfair. The middle Class bears the brunt of the war economy. And Yes, every country is guilty of something, especially corrupt third world nations. But the US just gets to me with hypocrisy.

First of all I have never been given any orders that deemed questioning. If I was ever told to do anything I thought was un ethical I would have refused it.

Although I do agree with you to a point I am rather sickened by the government as a whole, I just get annoyed when people get into "the democrats this, the republicans that" Each party says all our problems will be solved if we get rid of the other. I would eject the lot of em and start over. The elite rule over every nation though, no government is truely, for and by the people.
Every politician has a forked tongue, they lie, cater to groups that give them money(basically in my opinion legal bribery).

The point is don't fool yourself, every nations government is like this, every nations government is "ruled" by the elite. If they werent the elite when they came to power they sure as hell are now. All of their governments have done things in the past they scorn now (maybe even just publicly) The US isnt alone in its Hypocrisy. Its just more popular to hate america right now.

Also, with your reference to US involvement in south america, with the exception of Chile which was just flat out wrong on the part of the US, its not like the rest of south Americas governments were or are full of a bunch of saints.
April 17, 2008 10:31:26 PM

Nice to see you werent braniwashed too badly. Indeed the military-industrial-media-complex rule over the goverment. Corporations ,together with elite bankers, are the true rulers of this earth. They all make loads of money off war. The MGS4 E3 trailer had a good quote which goes like this: "War is to the 21st century what oil was to the 20th...the pillar that supports the global economy. The global community is concerned, but they're all too afraid of the war economy collapsing before they do anything about it."
April 18, 2008 5:59:37 PM

DarthPiggie said:
Nice to see you werent braniwashed too badly. Indeed the military-industrial-media-complex rule over the goverment. Corporations ,together with elite bankers, are the true rulers of this earth. They all make loads of money off war. The MGS4 E3 trailer had a good quote which goes like this: "War is to the 21st century what oil was to the 20th...the pillar that supports the global economy. The global community is concerned, but they're all too afraid of the war economy collapsing before they do anything about it."

the military really doesn't do any brain washing, at least as far as politics are concerned. The two are completely seperated. The only brainwashing they do is making killing human beings affect you no more than it would if you swatted a fly, they try at least.

I just really get sickened by party politics. Like people honestly think any candidate is less corrupt than the other, regardless of party. Like blaming everything on Bush, yeah hes a tool but hardly the one soley responsible or just the republican party for that matter.
April 18, 2008 7:07:15 PM

Less politics please! ! !

I have a degree in political science and really enjoy politics and political discussion, but this is just not the place for it.

@op - What CPU do you have how much memory, what graphics card? I know that this game is a CPU HOG! I have 60-70% CPU usage when I have this game minimized and I'm using e6750 @ stock.
Anonymous
March 28, 2009 8:17:54 PM

I just got Assassins Creed and I am running into similar issues... After playing it for an hour or so, it just freezes up on me. I can't even get out of the game by pressing anything.. I am forced to restart my computer and go back to the game, but I lose all progress made before restarting....
!