Closed

Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault and Vista

If you guys are having problems with Medal of Honor Pacific Assault and Vista, you may have noticed it does not want to install. I was having this problem. Just bought this game at Gamestop for 10 bucks, and was looking forward to my nice, shiny, new(to me anyway) computer game. Get home, ready to play. All of sudden the game starts setting up and decides not to install. So I dutifully try the old compatibility settings, to which Windows starts telling me I have an invalid cd code which is not right. Tried it under xp and windows 2000 compatibility settings, same thing. In frustration, finally tried installing on my wife's old xp laptop. Works fine. I was logged in as admin on my vista machine, what gives? Game I can't play...hmm.. Finally, I went into the the cd and found the actual setup file, and right clicked, and told it to run as administrator with no compatibility settings. It just finished installing. So if you have this problem, there's your fix. Happy playing!
3 answers Last reply
More about medal honor pacific assault vista
  1. "right clicked, and told it to run as administrator with no compatibility settings. It just finished installing. So if you have this problem, there's your fix. Happy playing! "

Ok real rookie here... How do I tell my second disk of Pacific Assault to run as an administrator with no compatibility settings. I dont see anything like that on the pull down menu when I right click... Tom
  2. 2nd disc was the problem for me, I told it to install the data3.cab example: d:\setup\data3.cab that did not work, so I used backspace to erase data3.cab so it looked like d:\setup\

IT WORKED - no problems!
    good luck
    Russ

P.S. don't forget to right-click the launch game icon and run as administrator or you'll get booted from PunkBuster.
  3. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Games Windows Vista Compatibility Video Games