OE attachment blocked

a tech source sent an attachment I need -- OE deleted & I can not get -- how
do I solve this ?? thanks
--
dgw615

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Tools > Options > Security and unceck "Do not allow..."

"dgw615" <dgw615@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>a tech source sent an attachment I need -- OE deleted & I can not get --
>how
> do I solve this ?? thanks
> --
> dgw615

1. Start Outlook Express.
2. On the Tools menu, click Options.
3. Click the Security tab, click to clear the "Do not allow
attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially
be a virus" check box under Virus Protection, and then click OK.

Applicable Microsoft Knowledge Base Article:

Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook Express
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q329570

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

dgw615 wrote:
> a tech source sent an attachment I need -- OE deleted & I can not get
> -- how do I solve this ?? thanks

OE did NOT delete the attachment, just disabled access to it. Read the
message again!
As others have stated, this is a security measure and can be undone.
--
Kath Adams
MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)