OE attachment blocked

a tech source sent an attachment I need -- OE deleted & I can not get -- how
do I solve this ?? thanks
--
dgw615
3 answers Last reply

    Tools > Options > Security and unceck "Do not allow..."

    "dgw615" <dgw615@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >a tech source sent an attachment I need -- OE deleted & I can not get --
    >how
    > do I solve this ?? thanks
    > --
    > dgw615

    1. Start Outlook Express.
    2. On the Tools menu, click Options.
    3. Click the Security tab, click to clear the "Do not allow
    attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially
    be a virus" check box under Virus Protection, and then click OK.

    Applicable Microsoft Knowledge Base Article:

    Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook Express
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q329570

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    dgw615 wrote:
    > a tech source sent an attachment I need -- OE deleted & I can not get
    > -- how do I solve this ?? thanks

    OE did NOT delete the attachment, just disabled access to it. Read the
    message again!
    As others have stated, this is a security measure and can be undone.
    --
    Kath Adams
    MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)

Microsoft Windows XP