Sign in with
Your question

Your #1 Favorite game to date and What (1) game you look forward to!

Last response: in Video Games
April 14, 2008 4:05:07 PM

My Fav game of all time would be HL2

The game I'm looking forward to is Hl2: Ep 3
April 14, 2008 5:18:44 PM

nr1 of all time is a hard one, because GTA3, Doom3 and midtown madness where 3 games i really played to death :o 

Game i look forward to is alan wake, but im afraid my PC cant handle it :x
April 14, 2008 5:27:41 PM

Starcraft and SC2.. just can't wait.. but I can wait.. because its gonna be great!

Other than that, Half Life 2 ep3, Duke Nukem Forever, and a few other games.. half life 3 :) 
Related resources
April 14, 2008 6:26:36 PM

Fav. game to date: Bioshock
Awesome storyline from start to finish. (Alternate endings as well) Controls were good and graphics were good for the time. I think I liked to so much because when I finished the game, it actually felt complete. I didn't need anything else explained to me and I didn't get a half-assed open ending that could lead to another game. Storyline is probably the most important thing on my checklist for a game.

As is everyone else in this world, I can't wait for Starcraft 2. I don't even need to explain this one!
April 14, 2008 7:28:15 PM

My fav game has to be Tachyon: The Fringe
Old classic but it has everything in a game you could need
game most looking forward to is Final Fantasy 13
April 14, 2008 9:32:08 PM

rgeist554 said:
Fav. game to date: Bioshock
Awesome storyline from start to finish. (Alternate endings as well) Controls were good and graphics were good for the time. I think I liked to so much because when I finished the game, it actually felt complete. I didn't need anything else explained to me and I didn't get a half-assed open ending that could lead to another game. Storyline is probably the most important thing on my checklist for a game.

As is everyone else in this world, I can't wait for Starcraft 2. I don't even need to explain this one!

come on be fair.... Bioshock did only have 2 alternate endings.... (unless i missed something :p )
my favourite....... CO..no...Bi...no!!....yes its COD 4 DAMMIT!
or is it KOTOR? (i have indecision crisis now!)
April 15, 2008 7:15:18 AM

my favorite games of all time are hl1, hl2, hl2:ep2, portal, TF2 and natural selection. I didn't know bioshock has 2 endings! i might have to do it again because i did things i'm not proud of :(  but how was i to know!?
April 15, 2008 7:39:04 AM

Battlefield 1942 with the Desert Combat Mod

Played it for two years, none stop

Fan bloody tastic...
April 15, 2008 10:47:33 AM

Super Mario World!

ATM, got nothing I'm especially expectant about...
April 15, 2008 12:14:00 PM

#1 Favourite Game: Dark Corners of the Earth (2005)
+ first person shooter, "Call of Duty" kind of action (many scenes with you and friendly fighters against some enemies), adventure and role-playing game elements combined very well together
+ horror game with great and versatile techniques to make you scared and it is faithful to H.P. Lovecraft works (usually horror games try to make you scared by isolating your character from other human characters or making things leap from behind the corner but this game uses a lot of completely different kind of techniques
+ some great scripted events which make you think "wow, how did the guys at Bethesda do that?"
+ you get to play through some heart-pounding moments which are hard to forget (the chase scene or the scene with the battleship and its crew and you fighting the huge sea god monster thing in stormy sea aided from a distance by some dark shaman minions on a destitute island.. ermm.. somewhat "Battlefield 1942" style)
+ besides all the things mentioned above some moments in the game manage to make it one of the most psychologically disturbing PC games (for example, you can make the character so scared and insane by doing certain things that on harder game modes he will use his gun on himself)

Favourite Multiplayer FPS: Alien vs Predator 2 (2001)
+ lots of fun killing aliens with shotgun as a marine :D 

Favourite Single Player RPG: Baldur's Gate 2 (1999)
+ excellent story
+ great atmosphere
+ D&D / Forgotten Realms

Favourite Multiplayer RPG: Neverwinter Nights 1 (2001)
+ DM client
+ enthusiasts who make excellent persistent worlds (even better worlds and gameplay features than in many commercial fantasy MMORPGs)
+ like a MMORPG on somewhat smaller scale but no monthly fees
+ incredibly versatile and diverse

Favourite MMORPG/MMOFPS: Face of Mankind (2004)
+ immersive gameplay and role-playing as a cop when joining Law Enforcement Department faction
+ missions generated by players for players
+ overall somehow strongly reminded of "Aliens" games and movies

April 15, 2008 1:18:44 PM

Favorite game: That's a tough one.

I'd have trouble choosing between Gothic/Gothic2, Alpha Centauri, Thief,Baldur's Gate, Fallout, Lords of the Realm 2 (off of the top of my head).

FEAR is close, but doesn't quite make it.

Looking forward to: Have no clue. I've really lost touch with what's coming out when.

I'm looking forward to playing Crysis on a rig that handles it well.

I saw that Gothic 3 is getting an expansion. Maybe it'll fix all the things that needed it in the original.
April 15, 2008 3:15:24 PM

Nascar Racing 2003.

I'm wierd though because I play MS Flight Sim 04 like it's exciting (well it is exciting to me).

I'm looking forward to FSX and ARCA Sim Racing!

FEAR and HL2 are excellent games though!
April 15, 2008 5:20:51 PM

@Ananan

You picked some of my all-time fav's - Thief, Fallout, Alpha Centauri.

I'd ultimately have to go with Deus Ex as my all-time favorite.

I'm most looking forward to: Mafia II. SC2 looks pretty awesome though.....
April 15, 2008 5:47:31 PM

Final Fantasy VII was Epic to me. My fav FPS is AvP2. Fav RTS Warhammer Dawn of War+Expansions.
April 15, 2008 6:43:31 PM

I would have to go with games I spent the most possible time on. So I will compose a list in each platform.

Atari:
Chopper Command

NES:
Castlevania
mario 3
Zelda

Commodore 64:
Rocky Horror picture show
Oregon Trail
Odell Lake

SNES:
mario Allstars
Mega man X series
Super Street Fighter 2
Zelda a link to the past

Genesis:
Sonic 3/4
Altered Beast
EA NHL Games

Playstation
EA NHL Games
Bushido Blade
Street Fighter Alpha Series
Mega Man X 4
Gran Turismo 2

N64
Zelda ocarnia of Time
Battle Tanx
Smash bros.

Dreamcast (yeah I bought one)
Sonic Adventure
Marvel vs Capcom
Dead or alive 2

PS2
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Gran Turismo 4
Dead or Alive 2

PC
C&C
C&C: Red Alert
Star Craft
War craft 2
Half Life, Team Fortress and day of defeat (The first installments, I havent played HL2, tf2 or the current incarnation of DoD)
EA NHL Games (although at this point, not so much for the "effort" put into them)

The overall title would have to go to Red Alert, I probably spent more time playing that game than any other single game I have ever owned.

I friggin RULED at red alert. Then Tiberian Sun was a let down, EA steps in and RUINS the franchise (for me at least) beyond ressurectability. I have no desire whatsoever to play C&C 3.
April 15, 2008 6:44:57 PM

double post.
April 15, 2008 6:45:15 PM

Original Doom; I'm looking forward to RE5 and Alan Wake.
April 15, 2008 9:26:00 PM

Absolute #1? Maniac Mansion on the C64

Back in the day MM was an absolute blast to play. The twisted humor and semi-logic behind it and the various ways to die were terrific. Each character had his/her different roles and each had their own ways of adding to the plot. Rather amazing when you consider the length of the game and that it all fit on a single disk.

Others that came to mind: Thief, Ultima 3, Bards Tale, Wizard (C64), Civ3, Baldurs Gate, Planescape, Starcraft, Oddworld... even Zork in some ways

Nothing modern really comes to mind that has really rocked me like those mentioned above, albeit each for a different reason.

#1 Game I'm looking forward to: Fallout 3 - I'm really curious to see what they've done with the series.
April 15, 2008 10:13:38 PM

Hellboy said:
Battlefield 1942 with the Desert Combat Mod

Played it for two years, none stop

Fan bloody tastic...

You my friend are absolutely correct. Probably one of the best mods ever. That mod alone was responsible for continuing the the BF series. It is still fun to blast bots on the DC mods from time to time.

Most looking forward to STALKER Clear Sky, with some mods from the STALKER community that made the first STALKER game 100x's more fun to play again.
April 15, 2008 10:14:47 PM

My favorite game to date?... One of these three: The first Homeworld, Alpha Centauri, or the first Black and White.

The game I'm looking forwars to?... Northstar from Kerberos, the guys who made Sword of the Stars.
April 15, 2008 10:17:22 PM

Quote:
Most looking forward to STALKER Clear Sky, with some mods from the STALKER community that made the first STALKER game 100x's more fun to play again.

Yeah I'm looking forward to that too. STALKER was a great game.
April 15, 2008 11:22:36 PM

hmm suprised to see age of empires 2 not being mentioned!
April 16, 2008 1:53:27 AM

Starcraft IS THE BEST DAMN GAME PERIOD(do i need to end with a ".") Im only looking forward to Starcraft2 because of the story, i doubt the game play would be better (how do u improve on something thats perfect?) And a modified warcraft 3 engine graphics? Am i the only 1 who hates warcraft 3 graphics?!?
April 16, 2008 1:55:03 AM

oh yea Zelda ocarnia of Time is totally close(closer than a mach 5 shave) to starcraft to the #1 spot.
April 16, 2008 2:14:58 AM

Most Favorite:
PC: UT99
Console: Goldeneye 64

Most looking forward 2:
PC: Starcraft 2
Console: Killzone 2

It is a very close race between a few others, but I suppose these will do! ;) 

Best,

3Ball
April 16, 2008 2:19:53 AM

thepinkpanther said:
Am i the only 1 who hates warcraft 3 graphics?!?

I have never met anyone who hated them. I loved and still do love them, but there is no widescreen support so I am eagerly awaiting SC2, I cant wait to see the custom games they can make with the new engine and BNet improvements!!!

Best,

3Ball
April 16, 2008 2:25:29 AM

Dreamcast Forever!
April 16, 2008 8:51:23 AM

Final Fantasy VII - with high quality models patch.

Most wanted: an OpenGL 2.1 Terminal Velocity-like.
April 16, 2008 9:24:06 AM

I'm most sentimental about SWG pre CPU I soon got fed up with all the Jedi's running around fighting each other in Bestine.
I'd say COH is my favourite right now, listening to all my teammates panicking on Teamspeak is hilarious. I'm looking forward to another sci-fi MMO Star Trek or Firefly no idea if they're still in the running though.
April 16, 2008 12:26:30 PM

wooo counter strike source and half like 2
April 16, 2008 12:44:53 PM

Well there must be a generation of Stroker fans for the Commodore 64 out there some where...

Im suprised some one hasnt said it yet...

Hands up who remembers this masterpiece....

Off i go to Desert Combat
April 16, 2008 12:50:15 PM

For us its Battlefield 2. We like COD4 but we still find ourselves playing the old BF2 more often. Something about being able to parachute out of choppers and take the flags that makes it so much fun.
Were looking forward to whatever comes that is as good or better than BF2. COD4 wasnt it.
April 16, 2008 3:26:39 PM

Bf3 probably, but the graphics look insane, more so than Crysis!
April 16, 2008 6:27:14 PM

Fav game for me is Zelda: OoT....i think ive beaten it approx. 20+ times....15 when i was young, and 5 more on my emulators in the past couple months LOL
I NEED THERAPY!!!!!!!!!!!!
What I really want is another console Zelda like OoT. Majoras Mask was plain weird (some liked it though) with the masks and story, and TP was not my cup of tea either with the weird story and the whole wolf thing.

Other games I really enjoy CoD4, HL2, CoH

Looking forward to: idk....theres a lot...mainly lots of PS3 games are coming!! and some good PC games are on the way (just been really slow lately)
April 18, 2008 11:18:02 AM

Favourite game ever? Damn, that's difficult. I'd have to say Might and Magic III: Isles of Terra, though if I think back to the NES and SNES, there are so many I want to mention. Final Fantasy II for the SNES, for example (I think it was Final Fantasy IV in Japan).

#1 game I look forward to? Would have to be Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic III!
April 21, 2008 12:57:20 PM

That is an incredibly tough question. How do I accurately compare KOTOR, Dawn of war, Deus Ex, and Jagged Alliance 2? I couldn't possibly pick a favorite among them.

As for most anticipated game... Probably spore. There are a lot of really great looking games on the horizon, but I think Spore is the one that has me most excited.
April 21, 2008 3:50:22 PM

Quote:
As for most anticipated game... Probably spore. There are a lot of really great looking games on the horizon, but I think Spore is the one that has me most excited.

Yeah, I'm keeping my eye on Spore also, but I'm worried about it pulling a Black and White and totally not living up to the promises. For a "God Game" BnW felt extremely cramped and restricted.
April 21, 2008 4:03:14 PM

Donkey Kong 64!!
April 22, 2008 3:26:05 AM

Crysis, Unreal, Unreal Tournament, Unreal Tournament 2004, Doom, Doom 2, Rome total War, Total Annihilation, and Fear are some of my favorites

Crysis is probably number 1 though

looking forward to Crysis 2. it has to happen right, the way the game ended?

April 22, 2008 4:41:02 AM

Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie!!
April 22, 2008 6:33:50 AM

Favorite Game:

Civilization II released back in 1996. Or Galactic Civilization II which was released back in 2006. Different game, creator, and publisher.

What I look forward to:

Fallout 3, perhaps?
April 22, 2008 10:10:35 AM

Favourite game ever Elite, SWG in its hey day was a very very good second place...

What do I look forward to hmmm in real terms, age of conan, although not exactly on the edge of my seat...

Actually looking forward to? the forever delayed Elite 4 mmo thats been in the works for forever and a day... Not holding my breath on that one, been checking the devs site every now and then for about 5 years now:D  Duke Nukem forever will be out long before that one sees the light of day :D 
April 22, 2008 4:00:08 PM

Is Elite like EVE, I heard people mention that. I really like EVE although if someone was to watch me play they would probably would ask why.
April 22, 2008 6:33:20 PM

Elite is similar in so far as you are in a space ship. GO!

It is a sandbox world game before sandbox world was even a term. You could do just about anything that involves a space ship. You could be a pirate, you could be a bounty hunter, you could be a miner, you could be a courier, you could be a passenger ship, you could be a military man, you could be a trader, you could be a smuggler, you could be an explorer, or you could just fly around the galaxy causing mayhem.

The last one, Elite 2 Frontier, was the best of them, but the Elite games were truly great in their day. Every time I hear Mussorgsky's music I still think of that game and it's midi renditions of some of his best songs.
April 23, 2008 4:39:08 AM

Super tough. I guess HL2 and looking forward to Starcraft 2 and farcry 2.
April 23, 2008 6:54:51 AM

I don't know if it's really my favorite, but someone has to mention Ultima 7. Ultima 4 was also great. In my mind, these RPBs are a cut above all others in some regards, though Baulder's Gate and it's sequels carried on the legacy very well.
April 23, 2008 12:13:39 PM

Infornography - have you tried out the X games? Nearest thing to Elite in recent years. Only shame is that the Universe isn't as big as Elite...
April 23, 2008 1:20:31 PM

Hmm yeah Deus Ex, especially multiplayer. That was awesome when you unlock a glass cabinet, stick a proximity mine on it, leave the stuff, then lock it again heheh!

Half Life 1 was possibly best game ever, because of the twisting plot.

Also Baldur's Gate 1 + 2, Syndicate and Fallout 2. And I really enjoyed Max Payne 1.

Halo 1, apart from the repetitive levels near the end.

Quake III!

Most looking forward to Fallout 3!
April 23, 2008 7:30:30 PM

llama_man said:
Infornography - have you tried out the X games? Nearest thing to Elite in recent years. Only shame is that the Universe isn't as big as Elite...

I briefly tried X2 but something about the interface stumped me and I never got very far. Can't remember what it was now, but I couldn't finish one of the early missions for some reason or another.

I have tried a couple of other similar games and have come to the conclusion that I don't want a perfect simulator that breaks down every aspect of everything and makes me manually land a spacecraft in a rotating hanger. No thank you.

I really loved Privateer 2 back in the dying days of DOS and more recently I loved the hell out of Freelancer and Starlancer.

The more realism they try to put into it though, the less likely it is to grab me.
April 24, 2008 9:20:44 PM

raptorxt said:
Crysis, Unreal, Unreal Tournament, Unreal Tournament 2004, Doom, Doom 2, Rome total War, Total Annihilation, and Fear are some of my favorites

Crysis is probably number 1 though

looking forward to Crysis 2. it has to happen right, the way the game ended?

Yeah, haven't you heard that Crysis was designed to be a trilogy from the beginning?

I've haven't even been able to play the last level in Crysis because of my comp having to be sold, and I'm already psyched for Crysis 2!
!