Anti-Virus Protection

What is "BEST" Free Anti-Virus Protection??
Is this necessary, in addition to Firewall,
Spyware and Pop-Up Blockers???
6 answers Last reply
More about anti virus protection

    Yes, AVG Antivirus is free, you try that.

    http://www.grisoft.com

    Andre
    "Bob Bennett" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > What is "BEST" Free Anti-Virus Protection??
    > Is this necessary, in addition to Firewall,
    > Spyware and Pop-Up Blockers???

    "Bob Bennett" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > What is "BEST" Free Anti-Virus Protection??
    > Is this necessary, in addition to Firewall,
    > Spyware and Pop-Up Blockers???

    The best antivirus, that's a matter of opinion.
    Mine Norton
    http://www.symantec.com/product/
    it's a free trial anyways.

    Yes, you'll need all those others as well as!
    and a Trojan/adware hunter,
    http://www.spybot.info/en/index.html

    best firewall Zone Alarm
    it monitors outgoing as well as incoming!
    http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/home.jsp
    (turn off the M$ one)

    also see
    http://www.microsoft.com/uk/security/protect/alert.mspx

    Try Avast! Antivirus.

    It's totally free! However, you do have to register for
    a software key. They just need a valid e-mail to send it
    to you.

    Give it a try...I think you'll like it!

    thanks John i definently will. especially considering i been going in circles
    for the past hour trying to get support with rouge firewall that will not
    accept the given password that came withnthe download, the thing never even
    asked for a password for the first hour or so after download , until a resart
    was required. then it ask for a password then denies it and cut of access to
    and from the internet ,even by it's web page to anfd from. the product is eZ
    Firewall via Computer Associates , hard to believe it is recommended by
    Windows

    "John" wrote:

    > Try Avast! Antivirus.

    > It's totally free! However, you do have to register for
    > a software key. They just need a valid e-mail to send it
    > to you.
    >
    > Give it a try...I think you'll like it!

    Best Firewall is also a matter of opinion. I have tried most and
    settled on Agnitum Outpost

    John Allen
    On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 17:40:31 +0100, "Sr. Bocadillo"
    <someone@microsoft.com> wrote:

    >"Bob Bennett" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> What is "BEST" Free Anti-Virus Protection??
    >> Is this necessary, in addition to Firewall,
    >> Spyware and Pop-Up Blockers???
    >
    >The best antivirus, that's a matter of opinion.
    >Mine Norton
    >http://www.symantec.com/product/
    >it's a free trial anyways.
    >
    >Yes, you'll need all those others as well as!
    >and a Trojan/adware hunter,
    >http://www.spybot.info/en/index.html
    >
    >best firewall Zone Alarm
    >it monitors outgoing as well as incoming!
    >http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/home.jsp
    >(turn off the M$ one)
    >
    >also see
    >http://www.microsoft.com/uk/security/protect/alert.mspx

    Norton, I have not been impressed at all with their software.I have
    uninstalled their AV ,free trialware, because there live update did not
    update in time to prevent adware. I can't figure out how I downloaded last
    night and it did not have up to date virus definations. my personal favourite
    Av is the ViRobot. I think it is Macfee product , it comes with the Shield
    2004Professional, by installing a new HDD, I cant seem to find the download
    files for these programs, i"ll have to use my original email to access them
    again. i only used the Norton trialware ware till i dug the papers up once
    again. right now i have i think anyways, EZ antivirus and EZ firewall from
    Computer Associates, a windows recommendation from XP's seurity page , it's
    free for a year

    "John A" wrote:

    > Best Firewall is also a matter of opinion. I have tried most and
    > settled on Agnitum Outpost
    >
    > John Allen
    > On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 17:40:31 +0100, "Sr. Bocadillo"
    > <someone@microsoft.com> wrote:
    >

    > >"Bob Bennett" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >> What is "BEST" Free Anti-Virus Protection??
    > >> Is this necessary, in addition to Firewall,
    > >> Spyware and Pop-Up Blockers???
    > >
    > >The best antivirus, that's a matter of opinion.
    > >Mine Norton
    > >http://www.symantec.com/product/
    > >it's a free trial anyways.
    > >
    > >Yes, you'll need all those others as well as!
    > >and a Trojan/adware hunter,
    > >http://www.spybot.info/en/index.html
    > >
    > >best firewall Zone Alarm
    > >it monitors outgoing as well as incoming!
    > >http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/home.jsp
    > >(turn off the M$ one)
    > >
    > >also see
    > >http://www.microsoft.com/uk/security/protect/alert.mspx

Firewalls Antivirus Microsoft Spyware Windows XP