Realm Down?

ender

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Ok I know it's a "temp ban" for up to 48 hours.

Is this seriously effective against botters? I DON'T bot and have been
banned at least 3 times now in the past 10 days this latest time for doing
baal runs and following a string of games with a pally that could be (but
wasn't - he was chatting) a bot the games I tried to join either were
failing or full or I'd join the wrong game.

Anyway, sob story over, I may be banned for up to 48 hours(all weekend?!)
despite doing nothing wrong. Even though I'm sure it doesn't matter and
blizz doesn't give a damn what I think, who can I write a nasty gram to?

Ender wrote:
> Ok I know it's a "temp ban" for up to 48 hours.
>
> Is this seriously effective against botters? I DON'T bot and have
been
> banned at least 3 times now in the past 10 days this latest time for
doing
> baal runs and following a string of games with a pally that could be
(but
> wasn't - he was chatting) a bot the games I tried to join either were

> failing or full or I'd join the wrong game.
>
> Anyway, sob story over, I may be banned for up to 48 hours(all
weekend?!)
> despite doing nothing wrong. Even though I'm sure it doesn't matter
and
> blizz doesn't give a damn what I think, who can I write a nasty gram
to?

to support@blizzard.com

Mickey

> banned at least 3 times now in the past 10 days this latest time for doing
> baal runs and following a string of games with a pally

That's happened to me, if you follow a bot on Baal runs you can do alot of
games in short order, get too many in a certain time frame and you're going
get a RD. I've also gotten it when doing alot of muling. I think the longest
Realm Down for me has been 3 hours, usually 1-2 hours as a rule. One guy
told me he had been running a bot continuously for 2 weeks, he couldn't have
just been making Baal runs though, he had to have been making other runs in
the same game and maybe that's why he went undetected. I do alot of Baal
runs but I usually do that later in the evening especially if I get behind a
bot cause I know I'm eventually going to get a RD. I've seen guys talking
about these long RD's but never had any longer than 3 hours to the best of
my recollection.