Status
Not open for further replies.

taranisstl

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009
I have an older workstation with a socket 939 and i'm getting cpu bound. Please let me know if you have one laying about.

mrbonerman

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2009
hey taranisstl,

I am currently selling my beloved Opty 185... My LP NF4 SLI-DR Expert just died on me... I loved my S939 setup man... :sweat:
I guess I will seek some solace in my new core i7... :love:

I was planning to put it up on ebay, but will consider your offer... if the price is right, then it's yours... if you're still looking that is.

I'm also selling 4gb (4 x 1gb) of OCZ Platinum EB PC4000 if you're interested. This is the best CPU and RAM for socket 939.

Laters

jobo1927

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010

If taranisstl does not want it let me know how much you want.

John

jobo1927

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010

Thanks for replying. I am OK for RAM (maxed out the MB) but would like to know what I can expect to pay for an Opteron 185. One just sold locally for $100 but I think that was a low price.

Jobo

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Just as a word of caution, make sure the Opty 185 will actually work in your particular S939 system before you root around and buy one. Not all S939 motherboards will recognize the second core on the CPU. Really depends on the chipset of your particular motherboard AND whether the BIOS will recognize more than 1 core.

I recall having a S939 motherboard with a chipset that supported 2-core procs, but the BIOS did not (and the vendor never made one). I did eventually put together an Opty 185 system that my nephew in WV now uses as a gaming platform. Actually a pretty decent performer when coupled with a decent GPU (his is a Radeon HD 2600XT). Good luck! HOOAH!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.