-- I have a Dell with Roxio CD software. I formatted a CD-RW and then
copied files to the CD but when I put the CD into anothe PC, that CD player
doesn't even know there is a CD in the drive. Why?

Thanks
--
xmbs

Hi,

Probably wrote it with UDF software, and XP doesn't always read it well
natively. The system without the installed UDF software may not be able to
read a disk written with it.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/