JLG

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2002
Hi, I have a problem starting up my computer, and I think its the motherboard I'm having a problem with.
I'm using Gigabyte GA-8IHXP and after I got all my stuff together, I hit the power switch and my fans start spinning for about 2 seconds and the power goes out. The RAM LED light goes out in about 2 seconds as well. I also think it could be something wrong with the power supply (350W) but I highly doubt it cuz poewr supplies don't usually cause problems I believe... Could anyone help out and tell me what's wrong? Thank you so very much~
Merry Christmas

JLG

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2002
I'm not sure, but I've ran the system once without the continuity RAM in place, I've turned on the power without the continuity RAM.....could that be a problem? Also, I've tried running it with only the motherboard, CPU, RAM and the graphics card....still the same thing happens...I'm assuming its a fault in the motherboard...or could it be the RAM? Thanks~

JLG

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2002
the same thing happens with the continuity RAM...Could I have damaged the motherboard when I turned on the power without them in the first place?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Do you have a PAIR of modules installed in the proper slots as described in the manual?

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

DaveP

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2002
This may not help. I had a problem like this one time when fixing my sisters computer. First thing I thought of was the usual, (power supply, ram, mobo, etc.). The problem was actually a bad hard drive. But, that was a long time ago, on a very old computer.

Old age is a hoax.. Turns out to only be a severe back problem.