operating systems

I recently purchased a new motherboard and processor, my case is a large
tower with expansion and upgrade written all over it, and software for an
operating system called "Linspire" came with it. Ihad already purchased XP
Home at $340!!! after taxes, so obiviously I am not going to take a chance
with my new system, but I have another smaller, slower, older, HDD than my
new 80GB, I want to check this operating system out, but am afraid something
might corrupt my system. you would think this "Linspire" operating would be
fine since it came with my motherboard. But it could change setings on my
motherboard, couldn't it
--
any suggestions, help, and pure fanasty will be indulged. THANK YOU

Hello,

Linspre will not get corrupted, its just a diffrent kind of operating
system, much like the MAC operating system. it can do most of the things
windows can. Since you have XP you can just install it onto you computer
getting rid of Linspire. its really just a personal preference. Or you can
do what you said and use you old hard drive to play with xp. if you do that
nothing will happen to Linspire. It will remained completely in tact.
Michael Ortega

"Papa" <bikingis@my.fun> wrote in message
>I would love to experiment with Linspire.

There's a free download if you poke around a bit.

A FREE DOWNLOAD! YOR GOING TO MAKE ALL US DOWNLOAD JUNKIES SUFFER WITH A
THOUGHT OF WHERE CAN THAT DOWNLOAD HE WAS TALKING ABOUT BE. hopefully on
their web site at HTTP;//my.linspire.com or at www.linspire.com/os

"D.Currie" wrote:

> "Papa" <bikingis@my.fun> wrote in message
> >I would love to experiment with Linspire.
>
> There's a free download if you poke around a bit.

http://info.linspire.com/p2p/p2p-mm.html

It's at the Linspire site, you just have to know how to search :)

happy downloading.

>A FREE DOWNLOAD! YOR GOING TO MAKE ALL US DOWNLOAD JUNKIES SUFFER WITH A
> THOUGHT OF WHERE CAN THAT DOWNLOAD HE WAS TALKING ABOUT BE. hopefully on
> their web site at HTTP;//my.linspire.com or at www.linspire.com/os
>
> "D.Currie" wrote:
>

>> "Papa" <bikingis@my.fun> wrote in message
>> >I would love to experiment with Linspire.
>>
>> There's a free download if you poke around a bit.

thanks a bunch D.Currie i wouldbe surfing there right now except i am stuck
in safe mode because of the dang firewall, i'll get there as fast as i can
though

"D.Currie" wrote:

> http://info.linspire.com/p2p/p2p-mm.html
>
> It's at the Linspire site, you just have to know how to search :)
>
> happy downloading.
>

> "gakman" <hahaha@talk.micro.com> wrote in message
> >A FREE DOWNLOAD! YOR GOING TO MAKE ALL US DOWNLOAD JUNKIES SUFFER WITH A
> > THOUGHT OF WHERE CAN THAT DOWNLOAD HE WAS TALKING ABOUT BE. hopefully on
> > their web site at HTTP;//my.linspire.com or at www.linspire.com/os
> >
> > "D.Currie" wrote:
> >

> >> "Papa" <bikingis@my.fun> wrote in message
> >>
> >> There's a free download if you poke around a bit.

papa

Thanks. I'll take a look.

"D.Currie" <dmbcurrie.nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Papa" <bikingis@my.fun> wrote in message
>>I would love to experiment with Linspire.
>
> There's a free download if you poke around a bit.

papa

Actually that website charges $59.95.

"gakman" <hahaha@talk.micro.com> wrote in message
>A FREE DOWNLOAD! YOR GOING TO MAKE ALL US DOWNLOAD JUNKIES SUFFER WITH A
> THOUGHT OF WHERE CAN THAT DOWNLOAD HE WAS TALKING ABOUT BE. hopefully on
> their web site at HTTP;//my.linspire.com or at www.linspire.com/os
>
> "D.Currie" wrote:
>

>> "Papa" <bikingis@my.fun> wrote in message
>> >I would love to experiment with Linspire.
>>
>> There's a free download if you poke around a bit.

papa

The coupon mentioned in the instructions expired on June 30th.

> http://info.linspire.com/p2p/p2p-mm.html
>
> It's at the Linspire site, you just have to know how to search :)
>
> happy downloading.
>

> "gakman" <hahaha@talk.micro.com> wrote in message
>>A FREE DOWNLOAD! YOR GOING TO MAKE ALL US DOWNLOAD JUNKIES SUFFER WITH A
>> THOUGHT OF WHERE CAN THAT DOWNLOAD HE WAS TALKING ABOUT BE. hopefully on
>> their web site at HTTP;//my.linspire.com or at www.linspire.com/os
>>
>> "D.Currie" wrote:
>>

>>> "Papa" <bikingis@my.fun> wrote in message
>>>
>>> There's a free download if you poke around a bit.

papa

There is another coupon that is current. It is called deviant9. The download
package is 545 MBs, so you had better have broadband. It took about 35
minutes to download it to my broadband (cable) system.

> The coupon mentioned in the instructions expired on June 30th.
>
> "D.Currie" <dmbcurrie.nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> http://info.linspire.com/p2p/p2p-mm.html
>>
>> It's at the Linspire site, you just have to know how to search :)
>>
>> happy downloading.
>>

>> "gakman" <hahaha@talk.micro.com> wrote in message
>>>A FREE DOWNLOAD! YOR GOING TO MAKE ALL US DOWNLOAD JUNKIES SUFFER WITH A
>>> THOUGHT OF WHERE CAN THAT DOWNLOAD HE WAS TALKING ABOUT BE. hopefully on
>>> their web site at HTTP;//my.linspire.com or at www.linspire.com/os

They keep changing the "coupon" code, but it seems that there's always one
active.