Official Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 Thread

ph33rgear

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2007
So anyone else pickup Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 today?

I pre-purchased it from steam but was dissapointed when I couldn't pre-load it...

Can't wait to try it out tonight. I'm a huge fan of the CoD series and the feel of CoD gameplay so this will be a change for me but this one looks to good to miss out on.

The others one's of the series were OK for me, even though I tried to really like them. I hope this one will be the one...

robwright

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
I actually really liked the original R6 Vegas. Good shooter mechanics, sound level design, excellent squad-based gameplay and nice weapons (favorite was the shotty, of course). We should have a review of the PC version soon...

ph33rgear

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2007
I only got to start downloading it around 9pm eastern and it's 7 gigs... exactly 70% done right now... so I won't get too much time in on it tonight but I will be getting a bit of course :lol:

ph33rgear

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2007
Got to play it for a bit, not to much yet though hopefully tonight...

Pretty awesome game so far... the movements are alot slower then cod4 which is what i have been playing many hours of, so I'm still adapting to that.

The gameplay is better then I remember on the last one, I wasn't a big fan of it last time. I don't know what it is, but something about it I do like a bit better.

I really like the 4 player co-op mode & the new team leader mode for multiplayer, that one is my favorite by far right now.

I'll update with some more once I get a chance to spend more time playing it.

How's everyone else finding it so far?

ph33rgear

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2007
Squad leader seems to be my fav gamemode so far. I also really enjoy coop'ing with a few buddies trying to take on heavy amounts of realistic soldiers though too... it's pretty hard, unless you move slowly and clear every room etc.. and work together.

We were getting lucky a few times when running around like crazy, but there would always be that one guy in the corner that get's ya. :whistle:

One thing I really don't like and it's cheap is the game broswer, you know how hard it is to try and find buddies playing... next to impossible. You better be on teamspeak or vent talking to each other, because it's a full out search to do it.

Anyone know where you can find overhead map type images of the complete map, and the indoor ones, like floor plans? something along those lines. You know that clans would like to use to plot out there matches?

Thanks

darthvaderkenneth

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2008
I think that Rainbow Six Vegas 2 isn't that good because the system requirements are quite high for a game that doesn't even look that nice. Does anyone know where I can find a better place to put the third person mode button cuz its really hard to aim my gun by pressing the mouse wheel, sometimes i would change guns when trying to aim. Would disabling the change weapon while scrolling help? And i can't really enjoy this game since my 9800gx2 has driver issues that causes artifacts in Crysis and vegas 2

promac

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2008
I hate the interface in vegas 2. It's clumsy and clearly wasn't QA'd properly. And don't even attempt split-screen - almost half the screen is taken up by the graphic of your gun and it's a vertical split to start with so you feel like you're playing with one eye closed and the other only half open. And the squad AI is rediculously bad for such a new game.

promac

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2008
Yeah 360, sorry didn't pay attention to format (I just hit the "Games General" link). Can't be that much of a difference though can there?

boonality

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2008
Your first gripe is about the interface, which is different on the PC. Your second gripe is about multiplayer split screen, which is different on the PC. Your third gripe though probably applies to all the platforms.

darthvaderkenneth

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2008
Does anyone know how to go upside down when rappeling cuz i saw that in videos of the original vegas? So far unreal engine 3 games i own have dissapointing graphcis medal of honor airborne, frontlines of war, and vegas 2 this is with maximum quality settings and AA

ph33rgear

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2007

Yeah, you hit the crouch button and you will flip upside down and be able to shoot into windows etc... if you are upside down when you get to the end of the rope (top or bottom) it will auto shift you back into the regular position.

hope this helps, it's pretty fun to hang outside windows and shoot people inside... although multiplayer doesn't have to many places for this. You'd get shot off the rope prob before you get anyone...