  • Microsoft
  • Office
  • Windows XP
October 8, 2004 5:56:17 PM

I am trying to install Microsoft Office XP and I am unable
to do so. I have the ME version of Windows and I would
like to know if I can even update with XP?? Please help
me!!!

Thank You,
Carol Thacker Burdette

More about : installing

Anonymous
October 8, 2004 6:28:41 PM

Use the upgrade advisor if you want to know if you can upgrade to Windows
XP.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/howtobuy/upgradi...

Are you trying to install Office XP, the productivity suite with Word,
Excel, Outlook etc... or Windows XP, the operating system? They are
different you know?

Office XP can run on Windows ME.

Andre
"Carol Thacker Burdette" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:27c701c4ad79$41bf7150$a401280a@phx.gbl...
>I am trying to install Microsoft Office XP and I am unable
> to do so. I have the ME version of Windows and I would
> like to know if I can even update with XP?? Please help
> me!!!
>
> Thank You,
> Carol Thacker Burdette
Anonymous
October 8, 2004 9:26:34 PM

Would like to help you, Carol, but need more information. What happens when
you try to install Office XP? Any error msgs appear? As far as updating to
XP, this page should answer your questions:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316639

"Carol Thacker Burdette" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:27c701c4ad79$41bf7150$a401280a@phx.gbl...
>I am trying to install Microsoft Office XP and I am unable
> to do so. I have the ME version of Windows and I would
> like to know if I can even update with XP?? Please help
> me!!!
>
> Thank You,
> Carol Thacker Burdette
October 8, 2004 10:32:50 PM

Carol Thacker Burdette wrote:
> I am trying to install Microsoft Office XP and I am unable
> to do so. I have the ME version of Windows and I would
> like to know if I can even update with XP?? Please help
> me!!!
>
> Thank You,
> Carol Thacker Burdette

I have updated from, ME to XP and then updated to
SP 2. Works great. I had Office XP on the ME.

Skid
Anonymous
October 9, 2004 12:08:34 AM

Hi Carol,

What happens when you try to install OfficeXP? It is the highest version
that can be installed in WindowsME, but it should install none-the-less.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone