installing XP

I am trying to install Microsoft Office XP and I am unable
to do so. I have the ME version of Windows and I would
like to know if I can even update with XP?? Please help
me!!!

Thank You,
Carol Thacker Burdette
4 answers Last reply
More about installing

    Use the upgrade advisor if you want to know if you can upgrade to Windows
    XP.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/howtobuy/upgrading/advisor.asp

    Are you trying to install Office XP, the productivity suite with Word,
    Excel, Outlook etc... or Windows XP, the operating system? They are
    different you know?

    Office XP can run on Windows ME.

    Andre
    "Carol Thacker Burdette" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:27c701c4ad79$41bf7150$a401280a@phx.gbl...
    >I am trying to install Microsoft Office XP and I am unable
    > to do so. I have the ME version of Windows and I would
    > like to know if I can even update with XP?? Please help
    > me!!!
    >
    > Thank You,
    > Carol Thacker Burdette

    Would like to help you, Carol, but need more information. What happens when
    you try to install Office XP? Any error msgs appear? As far as updating to
    XP, this page should answer your questions:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316639

    Carol Thacker Burdette wrote:
    > I am trying to install Microsoft Office XP and I am unable
    > to do so. I have the ME version of Windows and I would
    > like to know if I can even update with XP?? Please help
    > me!!!
    >
    > Thank You,
    > Carol Thacker Burdette

    I have updated from, ME to XP and then updated to
    SP 2. Works great. I had Office XP on the ME.

    Skid

    Hi Carol,

    What happens when you try to install OfficeXP? It is the highest version
    that can be installed in WindowsME, but it should install none-the-less.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Carol Thacker Burdette" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:27c701c4ad79$41bf7150$a401280a@phx.gbl...
    >I am trying to install Microsoft Office XP and I am unable
    > to do so. I have the ME version of Windows and I would
    > like to know if I can even update with XP?? Please help
    > me!!!
    >
    > Thank You,
    > Carol Thacker Burdette

Microsoft Office Windows XP