Motherboard doesn't fit in case

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
The mobo will come with a little plate that will allow you to, in most cases, adapt your case to fit.

To start press any key. Where's the "any" key? --Homer Simpson.

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
Most of them do nowadays, but there's no guarantee that it'll fit perfectly. Most new cases allow you to just pop the plate in place. It may not work with an older case.

See if you can find out what the contents of the box your mobo comes in to see if it lists that plate. Perhaps someone else who has that mobo can sound off.

fifreak

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2002
Hey guys, thanks for the speedy replies. I didnt even think about a replacement plate. Check this out, it comes with one: http://www.explosivelabs.com/reviews/asus_p4pe/package2.jpg

So how can I tell if a case will support me putting this plate on? Most of the websites that sell these cases provide little or no info about them. I'm looking to use a new case with one of those windows.

Thanks again for the help so far.

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
That's a good question. Like I stated, most new cases allow for easy installation of the plate. Tell us what case you're looking to buy. I'm sure someone in this forum has had some experience with whatever you're looking at.