Your favourite Sega Genesis / Mega Drive games! All your base are...

i_hate_flying

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2006
All your base are belong to us!

Although the Genesis didn't receive the kind of success that its Mega Drive counterpart did in Europe, I think many of us still had one. After all, Genesis does what Nintendon't. Unfortunately, the Genesis was soon eclipsed by the success of the SNES.

Some of my favourite Genesis games were:

Shinobi 3
Strider 2
Sword of Vermillion
Sonic the Hedgehog

Funny, I can only remember the ones that start with the letter S :)

What were your favourite or memorable titles? Other than Zero Wing, of course :lol:

spanner_razor

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2006
Shining Force 1 + 2
Streets of Rage
Golden Axe
Columns
Speedball 2
King's Bounty
Ramparts
Splatterhouse
WWF Raw and Rumble
Spiderman Maximum Carnage
Xenon 2
Zero Tolerance

Most of those appeared on other platforms of course, noticably arcade, PC and Amiga but at the time the Megadrive had slightly better graphics and was easier to use.

Ananan

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
In this category it would have to be EA sports NHL 94-95.

Those were incredible hockey games. We actually made leagues based on those games.

Some of the funnest gaming times of my life. Good memories.

i_hate_flying

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2006

Hell yes! I completely forgot about NHL Hockey! I can't even remember what year(s) NHL I was playing with my friends, but '93 comes to mind? I was never into hockey, but these games changed it for me. At least for a year or two ;)

My god. I completely forgot about Herzog Zwei!!!! I used to spend hours playing that 1-on-1 with my buddies! Then I'd practise at home on my own, too!

Again! I can't believe I forgot about Phantasy Star 3!! You guys are great, thanks for taking me back down memory lane. I just can't believe I forgot about these titles... :(

G

My favorite sega games are

Doom(32X)
Doom II(32X)
Final doom(32X)
Flashback:The quest for identity
Ultimate mortal kombat III
Strife(32X)
Ken's labyrinth(32X)
Wolfenstein 3D(32X)
Blood(32X)
Heretic(32X)
Hexen(32X)
Warlock
Cannon fodder
Pitfall:The mayan adventure(32X)
Mortal kombat 2(32X)
Duke nukem 3D(32X)

pr2thej

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008

lol we still bust this out from time to time. Last time we had a go a few weeks ago i think we only got as far as the 7, before getting royally whupped :(

Other choice games - Streets of Rage, Flashback, Road Rage, Golden Axes, Ghouls and Ghosts (?), and the Micro Machines with the 2 ports in the cartridge...think it was 2

meodowla

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
I like:
--------
Sonic the Hedgehog 1,2
Revenge of Shinobi
Wonder Boy in Monster World
Moto GP
Streets of Rage 1,2
GoldenAxe 2(never got chance to play 1)
Cobra 4