Desktop Appearance and Themes

danne

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2004

I am unable, on only one user screen, to change display themes and
appearances. I am only able to change the color of the desktop appearance.
I receive error messages such as "failed to load vendorprefs", "Exception:
VendorPrefs Root is null or not an object", and "Required parameter (update
CtrlProgld not found)". Please help me -- I have looked everywhere but
nothing helpful.

You cannot change your desktop theme in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;883391&Product=winxp

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/