saving email attachments

After downloading SP2 for XP I have lost the ability to choose whether to
save a file attachment or open it when in outlook express. When I click on
the attachment there is no prompt giving me the choice to open or save, it
just opens the file automatically. How can I fix this? Please help.

Jim
4 answers Last reply
More about saving email attachments

    Hi Jim

    Try this:

    With OE open, go to Tools>Options>Security and uncheck 'Do not allow
    attachments to be saved...'.

    --

    Will Denny
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "big jim" <jims@nospamisp.com> wrote in message
    > After downloading SP2 for XP I have lost the ability to choose whether to
    > save a file attachment or open it when in outlook express. When I click
    > on the attachment there is no prompt giving me the choice to open or save,
    > it just opens the file automatically. How can I fix this? Please help.
    >
    > Jim

    I unchecked "Do not allow attachments to be saved" and it still opens the
    attachments automatically.

    Jim

    > Hi Jim
    >
    > Try this:
    >
    > With OE open, go to Tools>Options>Security and uncheck 'Do not allow
    > attachments to be saved...'.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "big jim" <jims@nospamisp.com> wrote in message
    >> After downloading SP2 for XP I have lost the ability to choose whether to
    >> save a file attachment or open it when in outlook express. When I click
    >> on the attachment there is no prompt giving me the choice to open or
    >> save, it just opens the file automatically. How can I fix this? Please
    >> help.
    >>
    >> Jim

    Right click on the file instead and you'll get a choice or highlight without
    clicking and use the File menu to Save attachment.

    "big jim" wrote:

    > I unchecked "Do not allow attachments to be saved" and it still opens the
    > attachments automatically.
    >
    > Jim

    > > Hi Jim
    > >
    > > Try this:
    > >
    > > With OE open, go to Tools>Options>Security and uncheck 'Do not allow
    > > attachments to be saved...'.
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > Will Denny
    > > MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > > Please reply to the News Groups
    > >

    > > "big jim" <jims@nospamisp.com> wrote in message
    > >> After downloading SP2 for XP I have lost the ability to choose whether to
    > >> save a file attachment or open it when in outlook express. When I click
    > >> on the attachment there is no prompt giving me the choice to open or
    > >> save, it just opens the file automatically. How can I fix this? Please
    > >> help.
    > >>
    > >> Jim

    Hi

    Please try the OE Gurus, they will be able to help you:

    or
    http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

    --

    >I unchecked "Do not allow attachments to be saved" and it still opens the
    >attachments automatically.
    >
    > Jim

    >> Hi Jim
    >>
    >> Try this:
    >>
    >> With OE open, go to Tools>Options>Security and uncheck 'Do not allow
    >> attachments to be saved...'.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Will Denny
    >> MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >> Please reply to the News Groups
    >>

    >> "big jim" <jims@nospamisp.com> wrote in message
    >>> After downloading SP2 for XP I have lost the ability to choose whether
    >>> to save a file attachment or open it when in outlook express. When I
    >>> click on the attachment there is no prompt giving me the choice to open
    >>> or save, it just opens the file automatically. How can I fix this?
    >>> Please help.
    >>>
    >>> Jim

Email Windows XP