crashed 4 times. why?

my hp pav keeps crashing. i use it to write music. the
program requires ws 95 thru xp and the manufacturer
swears that its producs have had enormous success with
only one per cent problems or complaints from its
clients. i have xp. the first time it crashed was after
burning a disk with musicmatch jukebox. so was the
second. the last two, for no apparant reason.

Goto control panel/system/advanced/startup and recovery/ and uncheck where it
says automatically restart when it does it again it will you give you the
error causing the reboot. Hopefully it will tell what device it will tell is
doing this.