Sign in with
Your question

Some questions about the Wii before I buy

Last response: in Video Games
April 20, 2008 9:02:24 AM

Hi, I'm getting ready to throw down the cash for a Wii, but I have a few specific questions first that someone with a Wii will be able to help with.

1. The AC (mains) adapter: does it do voltage switching? What I mean is, does it say something like INPUT: 100-240V on it? I'm buying one in the States for use in Europe too.

2. The Wii Charge Station. Does this also do voltage switching? Or is it just a piece of plastic with the power cord running out of it? I'm afraid to use any voltage converter that I own on something like this. Voltage converters don't usually convert perfectly. I find that my European appliances run a bit slow in the States and my American appliances run a bit fast. I wouldn't want a battery charger to run a bit too fast over here, don't want explosions or the such.

3. Is it useful to also buy a classic controller for the Wii? I want to play some Gamecube games on it because I never owned a Gamecube and there are some games I feel I missed out on. Maybe I should buy a Gamecube controller instead then? They work with the Wii, right?

4. Probably going to pick up one of those guns (e.g. The Perfect Shot), a guitar, and a driving wheel. Any caveats that I should know about? I also see a lot of these cheap Chinese plastic golf clubs and tennis racquets being sold, but I don't need any of that crap, right?

5. S-video and/or Component video cables. Which come with the Wii itself? Can anyone say for certain that Component video makes a difference over S-video with regards to the Wii's graphical capabilities?

6. Does the Wii have an optical out port for audio?

7. The memory cards. I've noticed these are your basic, ubiquitous SD cards. Can I use any SD card with the Wii? Or will I have to use Wii-specific cards? If so, are there any adaptors in existence that will allow regular SD cards to work? Does the Wii come with a memory card to get me started? It sucked when I bought a PS2 a while back and it came with JACK SH-T.

8. Finally, what's the MSRP on the Wii? I've looked a bunch of places, but can't find a real number because of all the bundles and demand has pushed the prices up on some websites. I'm thinking it's 299$, as that's about what they're going for on eBay.

Thank you for your help! :pt1cable: 

More about : questions wii buy

April 20, 2008 9:51:04 AM

1. I don't know... I didn't bring my Wii overseas, only my DS and I have to have an 240-115 adapter to charge the DS.

2. I have never used the wii charge station, I just use energizer nimh rechargables in the wiimotes.

3. The classic controller is required for SNES and N64 downloaded games, the gamecube controller is required for gamecube games.

4. As far as the guitar goes, unless you already have guitar hero, it's only $10 or $20 more for the bundle than just for the guitar. For the gun, get the wii blaster/zelda bundle... you will enjoy that one the best. For the steering wheel, the $10 wheel is ok but for $50 you can get the wheel and mario kart :)  The golf club/racket/bat combo things, ya you don't need those at all, they are good for kids though.

5. Neither come with it, just RCA cables. From what I hear component cables make a slight difference on HDTV and tv that can handle progressive scan, but not much.

6. I have never looked actually

7. You can use whatever SD card you want

8. $249.99 at gamestop, best buy, walmart, target, circut city and so on.
April 20, 2008 9:56:06 AM

Oh and you may know this already, the US Wii won't play most europe/asia games due to region codes, and the wii connection to the tv has to be the same or whatever ( i don't know what it is, just that it is an issue that must be looked at).
Related resources
April 20, 2008 10:09:44 AM

Component makes a MASSIVE difference with a HDTV. The colours are much more vibrant and there's far less jaggys too the picture as it's running at 480p rather than the 576i standard.
April 20, 2008 11:27:56 AM

Okay, so #3, #4, #5, #7 and #8 are settled.

What about #1, #2, #6? Do you have an actual Wii that you can look at for #1 and #6?

Yes, I know about the region codes. There's no way I'll buy games in Europe. Where I live, your typical Wii game is over 100$US. It's much cheaper to buy them on eBay and have them shipped over here, then pay 25% VAT (which I can typically avoid through numerous tricks). I'd buy a Wiikey and a soldering iron for 20$ before I buy a 100$ game.
April 20, 2008 11:54:25 AM

I sure hope someone else comes in here. I'm still overseas at the moment and my wii is still in the states.
April 20, 2008 12:37:51 PM

Unfortunately I'm at work and can't check on my wii.

The wii charge stations are just a piece of plastic with a cord coming out. No switching on them. They are convenient, but not needed. I'd buy them and use them in the states, but swap out for regular rechargeable batteries in EU.

I would buy 2 of each the gamecube and classic controllers if money is not a huge issue. You can use the gamecube controllers for virtual console games, but many gamecube games won't work with the classic controller. However the classic controllers are very convenient and work better for SNES, Genesis, and NES games on the virtual console.

There is no need for the silly sports add-ons. The Nintendo official gun thing comes with link's crossbow trainer, which some people have really liked. I haven't tried it myself.

If you have an HD-TV, you might want to get some cheap off brand component cables. They improve the picture a little, but not a tremendous amount. However for the price of the offbrand cables, it is probably worth it. Do be aware however, that some combinations of TV and wii will not work in HD mode without a receiver. I am not sure what causes this but if it doesn't work, it isn't a huge loss.

I can't remember if it had optical audio out or not. I really should check on that since I have a spare TOS cable and a receiver that can make use of it now. If I remember when I get home, I'll give you an update on this and #1.

I am using a standard issue off brand 2 gig SD card in my wii currently. No problems so far. Also the wii comes with 512Megs of flash memory built in but no removable card. If you put in an SD card that is in addition to the built in 512 so it is kind of nice. I do wish there were two SD card slots though so you could transfer from one to the other without juggling and using the built in memory.

A standard no frills wii pack should run you $250. Some places still only sell it in bundles however so you would end up with a game or two you may or may not want, an SD card, a couple extra controllers, and maybe some other junk. Use gamestop or EB as a last resort as they are the worst for the bundles. Hope this helps.

April 20, 2008 3:36:46 PM

That really does help a lot. Thank you so much for the reply! Looking forward to hearing about #1 and #6 then :) 

But let me get one thing straight. There's something called a "virtual console" that even lets you play Genesis games?? I suppose this is part of Wii's online capabilities and requires a purchase to play these games, correct?
April 20, 2008 3:42:14 PM

Ya the virtual console is just one of the channels... it's the area where you play all the games from a boat load of consoles, all available for download. most are 500-1000 "points". $1=100 points.
April 20, 2008 3:43:29 PM

If i had the wii in front of me i would list the consoles that the wii can play games from, but it's a lot more than just previous generations of nintendo, that's for sure
April 20, 2008 8:35:12 PM

From memory there are genesis, NES, SNES, N64, Turbo Graphix16, and NeoGeo. I think there are others but I can't remember for sure.

If you are up for some old school fun, there is plenty to be had there. I think they overcharge a little bit for the old games but not too badly.

Most nintendo games are $5, most SNES and genesis games are around $8 and most N64 games are around $10 if I remember right.
April 21, 2008 12:02:22 AM

Just checked my wii (that sounds vaguely perverse) and it does not have optical audio nor a switching power supply. The power supply is external however so the only difference between the american and european models are probably just the power supply itself. You may want to research that however as I am just guessing.
April 21, 2008 4:50:29 PM

infornography42 said:
Just checked my wii (that sounds vaguely perverse)

Hahaha

Wow, that's quite a few old systems. I like retrogaming, but I actually have all those old games in rom format. Even the Neo-Geo and TG16 ones :) 

I guess I'm really just interested in Wii and Gamecube games, Infornography42 and Boonality, but thanks for the information on the old stuff. That other service you talked about, however (the one on my other thread), sounds very interesting. A service to download and play newly-designed retro-style games. Nice :)  Can't wait to check that out!

I went looking and found a switching power supply specifically for the Wii on eBay. I might pick that up then if I need it as I'll have plenty of time to test the Wii out this summer before coming back. The lack of optical audio out is a slight bummer, but not enough to keep me from buying the system.

I want to thank all of you for your help. It might seem strange, so many questions that is, but I have this little complex you see. I can't buy anything without thoroughly researching it and checking it out. I'm sure I'm not the only one ;) 
April 21, 2008 6:55:32 PM

i remember reading that the output supports dolby pro logic II so if you have the hardware to decode it you can have surround
April 21, 2008 8:08:08 PM

Excellent! I've got the really great Logitech Z-5500 which I'm planning on using.
April 21, 2008 8:55:47 PM

i_hate_flying said:
Hahaha

Wow, that's quite a few old systems. I like retrogaming, but I actually have all those old games in rom format. Even the Neo-Geo and TG16 ones :) 

I guess I'm really just interested in Wii and Gamecube games, Infornography42 and Boonality, but thanks for the information on the old stuff. That other service you talked about, however (the one on my other thread), sounds very interesting. A service to download and play newly-designed retro-style games. Nice :)  Can't wait to check that out!

I went looking and found a switching power supply specifically for the Wii on eBay. I might pick that up then if I need it as I'll have plenty of time to test the Wii out this summer before coming back. The lack of optical audio out is a slight bummer, but not enough to keep me from buying the system.

I want to thank all of you for your help. It might seem strange, so many questions that is, but I have this little complex you see. I can't buy anything without thoroughly researching it and checking it out. I'm sure I'm not the only one ;) 

Since most of the technical questions seem to have been addressed, I will humbly submit a few GameCube/Wii titles for your consideration:

Resident Evil 4: I'd go with the Wii edition -- the controls make a near-perfect GameCube game into a flawless 10 out of 10.

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem: one of the best survival horror titles I've ever played, with an unforgettable narrative.

Killer7: a cult classic that puts a truly bizzare and original spin on the FPS. It's like playing an anime film.

Beyond Good and Evil: not for everyone, but a fresh and original sci-fi title. Starts slow, but give it time.

Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: excellent star wars game, beautifully designed X-wing combat game.
April 21, 2008 10:30:38 PM

infornography42 said:
Unfortunately I'm at work and can't check on my wii.

How do you post if you are at work?
April 21, 2008 10:46:05 PM

I use my logitech 5450's and it sounds good!

anyway to add to the list of games, Zelda is a must it will keep you amused for hours, mario kart is another good one. Smash brothers is essential and available in america whereas we have to wait in the UK.

Errrr other games are down to personal preference

Killer 7 looks fantastic but i haven't had chance to get it yet
April 22, 2008 7:29:52 AM

physx7 said:
How do you post if you are at work?

I would imagine with his internet browser! ;) 

He means he's at work and can't pick up his Wii and look at the PSU as it's at home.
April 22, 2008 11:46:38 AM

I can access TH from work as well... thank goodness. 12 hour shifts 6 days a week staring at trouble tickets and ADUC would be really really bad if i couldn't browse TH forums.
April 22, 2008 12:20:49 PM

boonality said:
I can access TH from work as well... thank goodness. 12 hour shifts 6 days a week staring at trouble tickets and ADUC would be really really bad if i couldn't browse TH forums.

Could be worse- I'm sorting out the shocking HTML FrontPage generates!

Why do they have to make up their own version?
Why has it set this webpage to a width of 107%?!
Why doesn't it close paragraphs?!?

:non: 
April 22, 2008 12:29:32 PM

Do you get to go home at night? :)  I'm in the middle east ;) 
April 22, 2008 12:39:26 PM

boonality said:
Do you get to go home at night? :)  I'm in the middle east ;) 

You win.
April 22, 2008 12:44:47 PM

It's all good. I enjoy what I do and don't mind spending the time out here. 6 months every couple of years is worth it if that's what is required of me to be able to keep the army talking to each other in the field so they don't get dead.
April 22, 2008 4:59:07 PM

robwright said:
Since most of the technical questions seem to have been addressed, I will humbly submit a few GameCube/Wii titles for your consideration:
Resident Evil 4: I'd go with the Wii edition -- the controls make a near-perfect GameCube game into a flawless 10 out of 10.
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem: one of the best survival horror titles I've ever played, with an unforgettable narrative.
Killer7: a cult classic that puts a truly bizzare and original spin on the FPS. It's like playing an anime film.
Beyond Good and Evil: not for everyone, but a fresh and original sci-fi title. Starts slow, but give it time.
Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: excellent star wars game, beautifully designed X-wing combat game.

Thanks RobWright, you saved me the trouble of starting a new "Recommended Gamecube Games" thread ;) 

This is what I was thinking for the Wii: Wii Sports Pack, Wii Play, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, Mario Party 8, Metroid 3, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Zelda Twilight Princess, Guitar Hero, Mercury Meltdown Revolution, Paper Mario, Dance Dance Revolution?? (for the girl), No More Heroes, Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition, Okami

And for the Gamecube: Beyond Good & Evil, Zelda Wind Walker, Zelda Four Swords, James Bond: Everything or Nothing, The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, Super Mario Sunshine, SSX 3, Viewtiful Joe, Metroid Prime 1 & 2, Super Paper Mario, Pikmin, Smash Bros. Melee, Eternal Darkness, Cellda

How do these sound? I'll have to add Star Wars Rogue Squadron II and Killer7 to the list. XIII was one of my favourite games of all time, so I guess I need to try Killer7. Oh, and when it concerns Resident Evil 4, I've played the PS2 and PC versions at length so that might be enough, though I've heard the Wii version is the definitive one. Sounds like it's worth a spin.
April 22, 2008 6:21:45 PM

That looks like an excellent collection of games. One note though, Super paper mario is for the wii, Paper mario is for the N64. Paper Mario 2 is for the gamecube.

You can buy paper mario on the virtual console however. I did, and I didn't regret it.
April 22, 2008 6:58:16 PM

i_hate_flying said:
Thanks RobWright, you saved me the trouble of starting a new "Recommended Gamecube Games" thread ;) 

This is what I was thinking for the Wii: Wii Sports Pack, Wii Play, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, Mario Party 8, Metroid 3, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Zelda Twilight Princess, Guitar Hero, Mercury Meltdown Revolution, Paper Mario, Dance Dance Revolution?? (for the girl), No More Heroes, Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition, Okami

And for the Gamecube: Beyond Good & Evil, Zelda Wind Walker, Zelda Four Swords, James Bond: Everything or Nothing, The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, Super Mario Sunshine, SSX 3, Viewtiful Joe, Metroid Prime 1 & 2, Super Paper Mario, Pikmin, Smash Bros. Melee, Eternal Darkness, Cellda

How do these sound? I'll have to add Star Wars Rogue Squadron II and Killer7 to the list. XIII was one of my favourite games of all time, so I guess I need to try Killer7. Oh, and when it concerns Resident Evil 4, I've played the PS2 and PC versions at length so that might be enough, though I've heard the Wii version is the definitive one. Sounds like it's worth a spin.

Personally, I think Metroid Prime 1 is one of the most overrated titles of all time. I hated it. Then again, I know a lot of people who think Killer7 is horrible, but to hell with them ;)  I'm going to start work on Okami for the Wii today, so I should have more on that soon.

I firmly believe that RE4 for the Wii is the definitive edition. The controls for the GameCube (aiming with that tiny thumbstick) was really the only flaw for me with the original version, but the Wii Remote targeting system solved that issue brilliantly. If I ever get around to writing a full review of it, I'd give it a 10 out of 10, no question. And yes, there is such thing as a 10 out of 10: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/99450-13-perfect-score-game-worthy
April 23, 2008 6:02:22 PM

infornography42 said:
That looks like an excellent collection of games. One note though, Super paper mario is for the wii, Paper mario is for the N64. Paper Mario 2 is for the gamecube.

You can buy paper mario on the virtual console however. I did, and I didn't regret it.

Thanks for clearing that up. The naming conventions are worse than the Intel family of processors.

I think I've got the N64 Paper Mario ROM lying around here somewhere, I should check that out first before I splurge for the Wii version. Heard it was great, nevertheless.
April 23, 2008 6:08:00 PM

robwright said:
Personally, I think Metroid Prime 1 is one of the most overrated titles of all time. I hated it. Then again, I know a lot of people who think Killer7 is horrible, but to hell with them ;)  I'm going to start work on Okami for the Wii today, so I should have more on that soon.

I'll take that under advisement. Do the sequels all flow together? Or can I skip straight to 3 and start playing? I was watching the 17 minute review on Gamestop and it didn't look like much to me. I mean, a Metroid FPS. But the guy kept saying "I know it looks stupid, but it's soooo not", which sort of convinced me since I really thought it was stupid. :) 

I think in my next life I want to be a video game reviewer.
April 23, 2008 6:37:09 PM

i_hate_flying said:
I'll take that under advisement. Do the sequels all flow together? Or can I skip straight to 3 and start playing? I was watching the 17 minute review on Gamestop and it didn't look like much to me. I mean, a Metroid FPS. But the guy kept saying "I know it looks stupid, but it's soooo not", which sort of convinced me since I really thought it was stupid. :) 

I think in my next life I want to be a video game reviewer.

Well, I didn't get very far in MP1 and didn't play any of MP2, yet I played all of Metroid Prime 3: Corruption and enjoyed it quite a bit -- mostly because of the sick gameplay and awesome Wii remote targeting, which was a vast improvement over the awful, awful controls of MP1. The story for Corruption has some ties to the previous games, but I didn't have any problem following the plot. Good game, but sadly no multiplayer, which would have been sweet...

http://www.tomsgames.com/us/2007/09/11/metroid_prime_3_review/
May 14, 2008 5:36:21 PM

I just checked prices at an online discount electronics shop here in Norway.

A Wii here costs 519$US and Zelda Twilight Princess costs 110$US. That is just insane. No wonder piracy for personal use carries no penalty and isn't punishable here!
May 14, 2008 7:36:39 PM

Quote:

WHAAAAAT? Resident Evil for gamecube was one of the worst games I've played.
May 15, 2008 2:24:11 AM

mi1ez said:
You win.

yeah, he does win. but then again, im going to do 6-8 mo out on the ocean working 14-16 hr days 8 days a week. now that is awesome!! who in their right mind would do such a thing??
May 15, 2008 2:26:18 AM

oh also, me and my buddies from school went in search for a wii for three weeks. we went back the NEXT DAY and walmart had 6!!!! all of us bought one. my wife even digs the sports that came with it. i had to get mario kart and another controller, and i lost my charger stand with batteries...i think my buddy took it and said it wasnt in his truck..what a tool! maybe he has it in his hotel room and i can get it tomorrow.
May 23, 2008 3:11:01 PM

If I want to play Gamecube games on the Wii, do I need a Gamecube memory card? Or is the SD card used for the Wii enough?

I know that I need the GC controller.
May 23, 2008 6:50:51 PM

Huh, I don't actually know. I suppose I should try saving on the wii just to see though.

I haven't actually played any gamecube games since I got it.
May 23, 2008 7:47:19 PM

i_hate_flying said:
If I want to play Gamecube games on the Wii, do I need a Gamecube memory card? Or is the SD card used for the Wii enough?

I know that I need the GC controller.

The SD card is fine. The only game I played on the Wii for the first few months was Resident Evil 4 (GameCube version), and then it was on to Eternal Darkness.
May 24, 2008 6:54:25 AM

Thank you for clearing that up. I'm glad that Nintendo isn't like Sony in this respect.
May 24, 2008 7:35:39 AM

Another question for you guys: I'm going to pick up Zelda: Twilight Princess. I've read that it's really a Gamecube game graphics-wise. But what most people are saying is that after playing it on the Wii and spending a couple of hours getting used to the controls, they can't imagine playing this on the Gamecube with a standard controller again.

Any feelings about that?
May 25, 2008 12:49:50 AM

It did a good job of utilizing the wiimote without overusing it. I'd definitely get the wii version over the game cube version.

As a side note... The developers did something kind of strange with the port. The wii version is flipped 180 degrees from the game cube version. The whole world is backwards effectively. Its something that won't make any difference in gameplay but could really disorient you if you are switching from playing one to playing the other. Kind of cool really.
May 25, 2008 3:13:54 AM

i_hate_flying said:
Another question for you guys: I'm going to pick up Zelda: Twilight Princess. I've read that it's really a Gamecube game graphics-wise. But what most people are saying is that after playing it on the Wii and spending a couple of hours getting used to the controls, they can't imagine playing this on the Gamecube with a standard controller again.

Any feelings about that?

I played Twilight Princess on the Wii and actually enjoyed the controls quite a bit. I never felt like the Wii Remote actions were being forced on the gameplay (which is a frequent complaint of mine for PS3 games and the SIXAXIS motion). And I actually loved the graphics -- nothing too fancy but they had style.

My chief complaints about the game are simple: 1) it starts slow. Very Slow. 2) the presentation felt very dated (i.e., no voice acting, child-like characters, long subtitles, etc.) but then again those are classic Zelda elements and I'm not much of a Zelda traditionalist. 3) aside from the wolf aspect, the story seemed rather boring and made the game feel like it was just wandering aimlessly. I kind of lost interest in what was happening halfway or two thirds of the way through, and ultimately felt like the story was getting in the way of the gameplay. And for the record, I liked Twilight Princess but the fact that it scored so many perfect 10s (go check out Metacritic) really threw me for a loop. Not a bad game, just a supremely overrated one.
May 27, 2008 7:49:01 AM

infornography42 said:
It did a good job of utilizing the wiimote without overusing it. I'd definitely get the wii version over the game cube version.

As a side note... The developers did something kind of strange with the port. The wii version is flipped 180 degrees from the game cube version. The whole world is backwards effectively. Its something that won't make any difference in gameplay but could really disorient you if you are switching from playing one to playing the other. Kind of cool really.

That's just bizarre! Makes me want to play the GC version at least once.

robwright said:
I played Twilight Princess on the Wii and actually enjoyed the controls quite a bit. I never felt like the Wii Remote actions were being forced on the gameplay (which is a frequent complaint of mine for PS3 games and the SIXAXIS motion). And I actually loved the graphics -- nothing too fancy but they had style.

My chief complaints about the game are simple: 1) it starts slow. Very Slow. 2) the presentation felt very dated (i.e., no voice acting, child-like characters, long subtitles, etc.) but then again those are classic Zelda elements and I'm not much of a Zelda traditionalist. 3) aside from the wolf aspect, the story seemed rather boring and made the game feel like it was just wandering aimlessly. I kind of lost interest in what was happening halfway or two thirds of the way through, and ultimately felt like the story was getting in the way of the gameplay. And for the record, I liked Twilight Princess but the fact that it scored so many perfect 10s (go check out Metacritic) really threw me for a loop. Not a bad game, just a supremely overrated one.

I know what you mean. I've always liked Zelda, but I thought it would grow up as I grew up. Not so. It's not much fun to play child-like characters now. I hope I can finish this one, however. I'm maybe 75% of the way through Majora's Mask and I still haven't finished it. One day.

Thank you for the responses.
May 27, 2008 7:49:22 AM

Oh, I have another question. This time about the batteries that go into the Wiimotes. Are they regular rechargeable AA batteries, or a battery pack of some kind? I'm in the process of ordering some rechargeable batteries for other purposes from my favourite distributor and I would like to add something for the Wii, if it's something they have.
May 28, 2008 1:40:35 PM

If you want rechargeable batteries, go with the recharging stands. They come with the rechargeable batteries and they make for really handy places to keep the wiimotes. Not terribly expensive either.

I think they just had AAs in them before I put in the battery packs from the chargers.
May 28, 2008 1:41:31 PM

Also we left one wiimote off of the charger for a week or so and it was still working fine. I don't know how long they will go without needing charging because we usually dock them when we are done, but it is decently long.
May 28, 2008 8:05:22 PM

i_hate_flying said:

I'm maybe 75% of the way through Majora's Mask and I still haven't finished it. One day.

Thank you for the responses.

Have ever played Ocarina of Time?
May 29, 2008 1:37:55 PM

infornography42 said:
If you want rechargeable batteries, go with the recharging stands. They come with the rechargeable batteries and they make for really handy places to keep the wiimotes. Not terribly expensive either.

I think they just had AAs in them before I put in the battery packs from the chargers.

Okay, that sounds good. I'll have to look and see if they sell these things in Europe, however. I'm not going to buy the 110V version in the States and use a voltage converter over here. These converters never get the voltage entirely right, and we all know that rechargeable batteries have the propensity to explode. I don't want to play around with that.

By the way, I bought some batteries a couple of years back that have blown me away over and over again. I use them for everything now. They last FOREVER, I get around 700 pictures with my camera per charge. I take a lot of photos, but sometimes I can take 700 pictures over several months. These things just don't discharge like ordinary rechargeable batteries, they keep working where they left off. The recharge time is fast, if that even matters. I'll give you guys the link to them and the place I bought them from. Very friendly folks there.

http://thomasdistributing.com/maha_2700_rechargeable_ba...

I suspect that the life of the batteries is also prolonged by the charger I have. It's simple looking, yet superior in every way. It's the MAHA MH-C204W, you can find it at that same website, if you're interested.
May 29, 2008 1:42:21 PM

physx7 said:
Have ever played Ocarina of Time?

Yes I have! I really liked that game but Majora's mask is a bit slower. If these new Zelda games are anything like Ocarina, then I'm really looking forward to digging in.
May 29, 2008 2:54:59 PM

Does the Wii take SDHC cards? I'm not sure if I would even need a card with more than 2 Gb, but I could buy a 4 Gb card if necessary. I actually have a 4 Gb SD card that runs at 150x that works on devices incapable of using SDHC that I could always use too. Any advice on how much memory I'll need? I ended up buying one of those 64 Mb memory cards for the PS2 when I bought my console. I never got close to filling it up, it says I still have 40 Mb free.

I'm ordering all my stuff from Newegg right now and wondering if I should throw in an SD card.

I believe that this is my last question :)  I think :) 
May 29, 2008 3:16:15 PM

Gotta agree with Rob on Twilight Princess: it's overrated and I'm having a REALLY hard time keeping my attention focused on it. The whole "platform" gameplay aspect of it turns me off. Don't get me wrong: I love my RPGs, but Twilight Princess is definitely not a 10. I'm beginning to wonder (well actually sometime around hour 25) if those perfect scores were more of an ass-kissing nature than actual, honest viewpoints.

Strangely enough, I'm enjoying Phantom Hourglass on the DS alot more, and it has multiplayer options via Nintendo's Wi-Fi.

Not to pimp myself, but here are my current Wii reviews here on TG:

• LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
  • Mario Kart Wii
  • Nights: Journey of Dreams
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • Super Smash Bros Brawl
  • Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure

Yes Rob, I'm still working on the Twilight Princess review.... ;) 
    !