How To Delete Partition?

My Windows XP has two partitions and I would like to
delete one of them. Does anyone know how to accomplish
that?
5 answers Last reply
More about delete partition

    The only way you can create, delete, resize or merge existing
    partitions, and not harm your existing Windows installation, is
    to use a third-party partitioning program, such as Partition Magic 8.
    http://www.powerquest.com/partitionmagic/

    Otherwise, a "clean install" of Windows XP will be required
    since you'll have to delete all the existing partitions and create
    a new single partition.

    Clean Install Windows XP

    [Courtesy of MS-MVP Michael Stevens

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com>
    wrote in news:ubieGtkrEHA.1992@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:
    > The only way you can create, delete, resize or merge existing
    > partitions, and not harm your existing Windows installation, is
    > to use a third-party partitioning program, such as Partition Magic 8.
    > http://www.powerquest.com/partitionmagic/
    >
    > Otherwise, a "clean install" of Windows XP will be required
    > since you'll have to delete all the existing partitions and create
    > a new single partition.
    >
    > Clean Install Windows XP
    > http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html
    >
    > [Courtesy of MS-MVP Michael Stevens
    >

    >> My Windows XP has two partitions and I would like to
    >> delete one of them. Does anyone know how to accomplish
    >> that?

    Partition Magic is one product that can create, delete, and resize your
    partitions. I use it. I've been told the freebie Ranish partition
    manager (http://www.ranish.com/part/) is also usable but I haven't
    needed to try it.

    REG,
    PM-8 also creates two floppies so you can manipulate
    partitions without going into Windows. It boots into MR DOS
    with the first floppy and into PM-8 with the second.
    Gene http://www.photoprojects.net

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > The only way you can create, delete, resize or merge existing
    > partitions, and not harm your existing Windows installation, is
    > to use a third-party partitioning program, such as Partition Magic 8.
    > http://www.powerquest.com/partitionmagic/
    >
    > Otherwise, a "clean install" of Windows XP will be required
    > since you'll have to delete all the existing partitions and create
    > a new single partition.
    >
    > Clean Install Windows XP
    > http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html
    >
    > [Courtesy of MS-MVP Michael Stevens
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    >
    > Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    > "Reg" wrote:
    >
    > | My Windows XP has two partitions and I would like to
    > | delete one of them. Does anyone know how to accomplish
    > | that?

    Use this software called 'Partition Magic'. Alternatively, you can
    boot to DOS and use FDISK, but that is any ugly approach (and
    potentially dangerous) if you don't know what you're doing.

    Gary Hendricks
    www.baby-product-guide.com

    "Reg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<129801c4ae4a$1dfab8c0$a501280a@phx.gbl>...
    > My Windows XP has two partitions and I would like to
    > delete one of them. Does anyone know how to accomplish
    > that?

    PM can also destroy your data/partition. I have had it
    happen many times. It does not work every time, so
    make sure you have everything backed up where you can
    restore the drive before you use it. That program has
    caused me more grief than any other program.

    On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 16:59:39 -0500, "Carey Frisch [MVP]"
    <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote:

    >The only way you can create, delete, resize or merge existing
    >partitions, and not harm your existing Windows installation, is
    >to use a third-party partitioning program, such as Partition Magic 8.
    >http://www.powerquest.com/partitionmagic/
    >
    >Otherwise, a "clean install" of Windows XP will be required
    >since you'll have to delete all the existing partitions and create
    >a new single partition.
    >
    >Clean Install Windows XP
    >http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html
    >
    >[Courtesy of MS-MVP Michael Stevens