I need a new game, but when ...

vochtige

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
Hello!

I need a new pc game, and something i want to play for a long time. = good multiplayer + (singleplayer)

accually i'm a fps gamer, but i need a new game!

tired of cod4, battlefield 2 and 2142.

but the game has to run on my cpu and gpu.

when does farcry 2 come out?

or does someone know a good new game for me?

thanks

You will like F.E.A.R. If you like the others mentioned above you will love it.

Did you ever play half life 2 episode 2? Great graphics and a good game all together still to this day...

A great single player would be Obilviion. Its a different genre of a game than you are used to playing. Its a midevil setting but with great game play, graphics and an expansion set that will keep you busy for another year after you finish the 1st game. You can also go online and get mod patches that will allow you to change the game alltogether.

Too many great things about that game to mention in one post. ;) As a matter of a fact, Im heading back to that game now to finish becoming Champion in the Arena. I started the game over from the beginning today.

vochtige

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008

i already have F.E.A.R but i didn't like it, i played it out, and played some multiplayer but is a littlebit to easy.

i've got allt he halflife 2 episodes and games, never tryed oblivion out.

i just got Dirt. dono how it is

thanks

mi1ez

Splendid
Off topic, but that TrackMania Nations they just released on Steam is free and pretty good. I also loved AudioSurf.

I love my FPS, but there's nothing like going for something completely different now and again.

vochtige

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008

i already tryed out trackmania via steam. dono if i download it back again, i didn't like it :p

i'm buzzy with that colin mcrae dirt thing, with my xbox controller :p

pauldh

Illustrious

Hmm, I was a huge Delta Force fan playing the original, DF2, Land Warrior, and Task Force Dagger. We had some great LAN parties with those games. I never played extreme though. How would you compare it to land warrior? I'm gonna have to give this one a try as I see gogamer has it for $13.

vochtige

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008

hehe thanks dudes, but hey!

i think i have almost the best classic steam games; from cs 1.6, condition zero, halflife 2 , orangebox, css...

cod2, COD4, , all battlefields exept the woII one.

america's army (tired), enemy territory

maybe you'll check my xfire profile, you can see it. u accyally need a good 'new' fps, because the rest is getting 'old'.

when does farcry2 and BF3 come out?

http://www.xfire.com/profile/vochtige/

i_hate_flying

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2006
Some recent games that I've played, which I really liked:

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
Oblivion
Sam & Max Season One

I've been sort of disappointed with games recently.

My favourite games of all time:

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Thief
Deus Ex
Silent Hill
Final Fantasy

You might try downloading some ROMs if you like retro gaming. Don't know if that's legal in your country or not, it completely legal in mine :)

You can have a look at http://www.abandonia.com/ for some really good sh*t. I would recommend Might and Magic III. In fact, I might just go and play that now!

Finally, Mass Effect should be coming out in a month or so. I know what you're thinking, that's too long to wait. :)

boonality

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2008

I enjoy all of the delta force games. I have played

Delta Force
Delta Force 2
Land Warrior
Black Hawk Down
Delta Force Xtreme

I haven't tried the expansion for Black Hawk Down and I haven't played Task Force Dagger but I haven't found a delta force game yet that is dissapointing to any degree. The best multiplayer was capture the flag in DF2 though. BHD multiplayer has been hacked and so full of cheaters for so long that I don't even bother.

tallguy1618

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2007
Have you tried any of the Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, or Rainbow Six games (you can tell who my favorite person is)? I just finished Choas Theory and LOVED it. I have beaten the original and Pandora Tomorrow and liked both of those too. I am getting Double Agent soon for the 360 and am looking forward to that. I have played Ghost Recon for awile and also really enjoyed that series, but I prefer Vegas 2. For FPS, these are my favorite.
If you want to try strategy, I probably have 800+ hours in Civilazation 4 and would reccomend that game in a hearbeat. Another strategy game I like is CnC 3 and Kane's Wrath expansion. I grew up playing Command and Conquer and really like the whole series. Company of Heroes is another great game.
Lastly, I think you should definitely play KOTOR, Oblivion, and Morrowind. These are my all-time favorite RPG's. I know it might be kind of weird, but I liked Morrowind more than Oblivion. There both awesome, but Morrowind just felt more like a role playing game. When you leveled up, you not only saw improvements in combat, but also in normal things like trying to get from place to place. I remember being so proud when I could run from Vivec to Balmora without stopping, whereas in the begining I could barely make it from Seyda Neen to Balmora. I also despise fast traveling in Oblivion. It really detracted from the game for me.
I would reccoment any of these games for you to play. As a bonus, most are old enough that you can get them pretty cheap.

The good thing about fast traveling on Oblivion is that it only allows that on landmark sites and newly discovered areas. If you hadnt been to a non landmark site you cant fast travel there. It does save you some time and to me thats valuable due to the fact theres so much in that game that can keep you busy for months on end.

I restarted a new game and playing it a second time is a totally different game due to the fact I am following diffferent tasks this time and the game play is changed because of it.

Definitely one of the best games out there, IMO.

ph33rgear

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2007
For a new FPS game you could try Rainbow Six Vegas 2... I too am a huge fan of the Call of Duty games, and BF games....

This was a refreshing change of pace for me, so I'm kind of enjoying it right now. I don't know how long it will last, but It's pretty good for now.

vochtige

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
yeah, i heared of a game mania store guy he is addicted on rainbow six vegas games on xbox 360. but i don't think i 'll like it, because i don't see so good when a game is in dark textures. for example: i love need for speed most wanted, but the carbon i don't like, because it is in the dark, and i don't see the road with that twinkeling lights everywhere. i don't know why, i guess because of the scratches on my glassen :p

but now that colin mcrae is nice, but i don't like the fps drops in multicar races!

single car events are very nice! love to blow up my turbo and stuff...