Newbie needs help with installation problem

Hello,
Can someone please help. I have windows xp and want to do
some installation from a cd. No matter what cd I put in
it seems the computer doesn't see it and when I try the
installation program it tells me that it (installation
program) can't be found. Can anyone tell me why that is?
And/or if there is another way to install an application
on my computer. Thanks in advace for any help.

"Harry McQ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in news:2ee301c4ae59$14af6d60$a401280a@phx.gbl:
> Hello,
> Can someone please help. I have windows xp and want to do
> some installation from a cd. No matter what cd I put in
> it seems the computer doesn't see it and when I try the
> installation program it tells me that it (installation
> program) can't be found. Can anyone tell me why that is?
> And/or if there is another way to install an application
> on my computer. Thanks in advace for any help.

You make it sounds like there are lots of CDs for the Windows XP
install. There's just one. Why are you trying to boot from all those
*other* CDs? The Windows install CD and you claim to have the CD for
Windows XP (presumably a legal one). The Windows install CD is
bootable, so put it in the CD/DVD drive and reboot your system. If the
system won't boot from the CD then enter your BIOS and make sure the CD
drive is included in the boot drive sequence.

Hi Harry

What are you trying to instal? Is it Windows XP or some other application?

Gary Hendricks
www.baby-product-guide.com