Put XP on last Dec. and computer already had Norton 2001 on the hard drive.
Now I want to put SystemWorks 2004 on the cpu and have tried to uninstall
2001 but can only get 'cannot uninstall live updates automatically' and it
refers me back to the add/remove. I have already removed live updates and it
does not show up in add/remove. Just a ridiculous circle. Also went to
Windows cleanup. There are no Norton things in it to remove. What do I do?

This may help:
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2001092114452606?Open&src=bar_sch_nam&docid=2001050722819865&nsf=nav.nsf&view=bdbc41a328fbd50485256ee60052db7e&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv=&osv_lvl=

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"tjrider" <tjrider@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Put XP on last Dec. and computer already had Norton 2001 on the hard
> drive.
> Now I want to put SystemWorks 2004 on the cpu and have tried to
> uninstall
> 2001 but can only get 'cannot uninstall live updates automatically'
> and it
> refers me back to the add/remove. I have already removed live
> updates and it
> does not show up in add/remove. Just a ridiculous circle. Also went
> Windows cleanup. There are no Norton things in it to remove. What do
> I do?

What about editting Windows Registry?

--
Hoa
anonymous@discussions.mykrosof.com.invld.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"
Benjamin Franklin

"tjrider" <tjrider@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Put XP on last Dec. and computer already had Norton 2001 on the hard
drive.
> Now I want to put SystemWorks 2004 on the cpu and have tried to uninstall
> 2001 but can only get 'cannot uninstall live updates automatically' and it
> refers me back to the add/remove. I have already removed live updates and
it
> does not show up in add/remove. Just a ridiculous circle. Also went to
> Windows cleanup. There are no Norton things in it to remove. What do I do?

Thank you so much for this information!! The web site led me where I needed
to be, and after finding and following the procedures indicated, I was able
to get Norton 2001 off and now have Norton 2004 downloaded!! Thanks again!