Auto Pay

I am thinking of signing up for auto pay with my credit card. Looking for feed
back from anyone who has auto pay and if they have had any problems or if they
are happy with it. Thanks

"Retsamxim" <retsamxim@aol.com> wrote in message
> I am thinking of signing up for auto pay with my credit card. Looking
> for feed back from anyone who has auto pay and if they have had any
> problems or if they are happy with it. Thanks

Been using autopay for about 4 or 5 years while I travel full time, and love
it. No monthly statements/checks/envelopes/stamps etc to worry about..
priceless :)

In article <20040530113834.20430.00000202@mb-m07.aol.com>,
retsamxim@aol.com (Retsamxim) wrote:

> I am thinking of signing up for auto pay with my credit card. Looking for feed
> back from anyone who has auto pay and if they have had any problems or if they
> are happy with it. Thanks

The auto-pay feature is a great convenience. I use it for two phones,
mine and my husband's.

I would not use it for his when he used another carrier because we had
to check that bill closely and almost monthly complain about over charge
errors. Once he switched to Verizon his bills became reliable like mine.

Retsamxim wrote:
> I am thinking of signing up for auto pay with my credit card. Looking for feed
> back from anyone who has auto pay and if they have had any problems or if they
> are happy with it. Thanks

I have had no problems at all for almost a year. I also turned off the paper
bills. They send you one email notification on your statement date (the 16th
of each month for me) and then a second one a few weeks later when they actually
deduct the payment.

Roger

In news:20040530113834.20430.00000202@mb-m07.aol.com retsamxim@aol.com
(Retsamxim) wrote:

> I am thinking of signing up for auto pay with my credit card. Looking
> for feed back from anyone who has auto pay and if they have had any
> problems or if they are happy with it. Thanks

I've been using it for years with no real problems, but an annoyance has
popped up recently.

For some reason, the last two month's paper copies of the bills I receive
have looked like "real" bills with no indication that I'm paying by credit
card.

Each time, I've called customer service to make sure there's been no screw
up, and each time they verify that I'm still on auto pay, and each time
they do in fact charge my credit card.

If this keeps up, I'm going to have to elevate the complaint.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert@visi.com

Thanks for the feed back. I did see that starting in June there will be no
more paper bills for those on auto pay, only online statements

In news:20040530124040.16160.00000205@mb-m15.aol.com retsamxim@aol.com
(Retsamxim) wrote:

> Thanks for the feed back. I did see that starting in June there will be
> no more paper bills for those on auto pay, only online statements

I think you can still get a paper statement if you ask for one, but you do
have to ask.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert@visi.com

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

I have used it ofr several years. Just a couple of problems. Once they
forgot to bill me and then double billed me the next month for them to
catch up. The other problem is they take awhile to process the request.
I tried to switch the card the bill was paid from and they are still
charging the previous card, not the one I want them to bill. I like it
because it is one less check to write. I wish all my bills could be
charged to my credit card and then I would only have to write one check
a month!

Retsamxim wrote:
> I am thinking of signing up for auto pay with my credit card. Looking for feed
> back from anyone who has auto pay and if they have had any problems or if they
> are happy with it. Thanks

I use my credit card for almost everything and they send me a paper bill. I
get an E-Mail when it is due. Then I log on the credit card web site and pay
the credit card electronically. They send me an E-Mail when it is credited
to my account. No check, no stamp and no wondering if the mail got there on
time.

"Dave" <davids1955@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> I have used it ofr several years. Just a couple of problems. Once they
> forgot to bill me and then double billed me the next month for them to
> catch up. The other problem is they take awhile to process the request.
> I tried to switch the card the bill was paid from and they are still
> charging the previous card, not the one I want them to bill. I like it
> because it is one less check to write. I wish all my bills could be
> charged to my credit card and then I would only have to write one check
> a month!
>

> Retsamxim wrote:
> > I am thinking of signing up for auto pay with my credit card. Looking
for feed
> > back from anyone who has auto pay and if they have had any problems or
if they
> > are happy with it. Thanks

Seems to me that if you have to log on and manually pay each month, that's
not auto-pay.

"IMHO" <imho@net.net> wrote in message
> I use my credit card for almost everything and they send me a paper
> bill. I get an E-Mail when it is due. Then I log on the credit card
> web site and pay the credit card electronically. They send me an
> E-Mail when it is credited to my account. No check, no stamp and no
> wondering if the mail got there on time.
>
> "Dave" <davids1955@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> I have used it ofr several years. Just a couple of problems. Once
>> they forgot to bill me and then double billed me the next month for
>> them to catch up. The other problem is they take awhile to process
>> the request. I tried to switch the card the bill was paid from and
>> they are still charging the previous card, not the one I want them
>> to bill. I like it because it is one less check to write. I wish all
>> my bills could be charged to my credit card and then I would only
>> have to write one check a month!
>>

>> Retsamxim wrote:
>>> I am thinking of signing up for auto pay with my credit card.
>>> Looking for feed back from anyone who has auto pay and if they have
>>> had any problems or if they are happy with it. Thanks

>retsamxim@aol.com (Retsamxim) wrote:

>I am thinking of signing up for auto pay with my credit card. Looking for feed
>back from anyone who has auto pay and if they have had any problems or if they
>are happy with it. Thanks

I used it for about a year, then turned it off. The problem was that
when there was a billing error, rather than crediting my credit card for
the improper charge they credited my cell account. So they had my money
while they were "working off" their error. The final straw was when they
overbilled me for over $140 one month. I turned off auto pay after that.

Now I check my bill online when it becomes available, then pay the
correct amount online.

If it weren't for the frequent billing errors, I would continue to use
the service.

I do log on and pay the credit card - cell phone, cable, etc, are all auto
billed to the credit card. I authorize the bank draft for the credit card
payment on-line.

"Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Seems to me that if you have to log on and manually pay each month, that's
> not auto-pay.
>

> "IMHO" <imho@net.net> wrote in message
> > I use my credit card for almost everything and they send me a paper
> > bill. I get an E-Mail when it is due. Then I log on the credit card
> > web site and pay the credit card electronically. They send me an
> > E-Mail when it is credited to my account. No check, no stamp and no
> > wondering if the mail got there on time.
> >
> > "Dave" <davids1955@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> >> I have used it ofr several years. Just a couple of problems. Once
> >> they forgot to bill me and then double billed me the next month for
> >> them to catch up. The other problem is they take awhile to process
> >> the request. I tried to switch the card the bill was paid from and
> >> they are still charging the previous card, not the one I want them
> >> to bill. I like it because it is one less check to write. I wish all
> >> my bills could be charged to my credit card and then I would only
> >> have to write one check a month!

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have a 15-day delay between my billing date and my payment due date.
Plenty of time to check my on-line bill and work out any errors before the
bill gets auto-paid. Works for me. I have paperless billing as well as
auto-pay. I like it.

-Frank

"Dapper Dave" <expurgated@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >retsamxim@aol.com (Retsamxim) wrote:
>
> >I am thinking of signing up for auto pay with my credit card. Looking for
feed
> >back from anyone who has auto pay and if they have had any problems or if
they
> >are happy with it. Thanks
>
> I used it for about a year, then turned it off. The problem was that
> when there was a billing error, rather than crediting my credit card for
> the improper charge they credited my cell account. So they had my money
> while they were "working off" their error. The final straw was when they
> overbilled me for over $140 one month. I turned off auto pay after that.
>
> Now I check my bill online when it becomes available, then pay the
> correct amount online.
>
> If it weren't for the frequent billing errors, I would continue to use
> the service.

On Mon, 31 May 2004 08:16:41 -0700, Dapper Dave
<expurgated@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>retsamxim@aol.com (Retsamxim) wrote:
>
>>I am thinking of signing up for auto pay with my credit card. Looking for feed
>>back from anyone who has auto pay and if they have had any problems or if they
>>are happy with it. Thanks
>
>I used it for about a year, then turned it off. The problem was that
>when there was a billing error, rather than crediting my credit card for
>the improper charge they credited my cell account. So they had my money
>while they were "working off" their error. The final straw was when they
>overbilled me for over $140 one month. I turned off auto pay after that.
>
>Now I check my bill online when it becomes available, then pay the
>correct amount online.
>
>If it weren't for the frequent billing errors, I would continue to use
>the service.

I had the same problem with Autopay. I signed up for the 10 buck
Canada calling deal in Wyoming, then used the phone for data access
through Telus all over BC. When I got back into Washington a month
later, imagine my surprise to find $640 absent from my bank account.

It took a couple of months to work it out. The guy at the Radio Shack
in Lander Wy. had screwed up. But I decided I didn't like having
someone else to have control of my bank account. I heartily recommend
establishing a relationship with some individual at a Verizon store
and calling them when there is trouble. Much better than the usual
dingbat at the 800 help line.

I use Bank of America Ebills now. Verizon sends a bill to the bank.
I review it and authorize payment. They don't get paid until after I
OK it. Much better.

Bob

www.arcatapet.net/bobgiddings

Current email at:
bobgiddings0 at yahoo dot com

In article <20040530113834.20430.00000202@mb-m07.aol.com>, retsamxim@aol.com
says...

>I am thinking of signing up for auto pay with my credit card. Looking for feed
>back from anyone who has auto pay and if they have had any problems or if they
>are happy with it. Thanks

Autopay with a CC should not be a problem. If anything strange happens,
you can dispute the charge with your CC. Autopay directly from a bank
acocunt is different and I would never do that.
Alex