Your question

New COD4 maps?

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Playstation
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
April 22, 2008 4:34:27 PM

My buddy that plays on the 360 said they have 4 new maps for the 360. I read somewhere that they are coming out on PS3 and PC soon. Anyone know when?

More about : cod4 maps

April 22, 2008 5:49:09 PM

it needs it
i've played all the current ones tooooooooo much....
April 22, 2008 5:53:58 PM

But you still need to be good at the game...
Related resources
April 22, 2008 5:55:20 PM

The maps are:

"They include the village-themed Creek; Broadcast, set in a newsroom and its surrounding area; urban-themed Chinatown; and Killhouse, based on the game%u2019s training course."

"While exact details are scarce, the publisher confirmed that maps are being prepared for a spring release on both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. No word yet on pricing, or on availability for PC players, but Activision promises the maps will "thrust gamers into a hot zone of added combat across a variety of intense multiplayer locales.""
April 22, 2008 5:58:57 PM

PinkishBruno said:
But you still need to be good at the game...

When you actually start completing the ELITE Challenges you are GOOD.. I'm surprised I got the Cruelty one last night.
April 22, 2008 6:35:09 PM

jay2tall said:
When you actually start completing the ELITE Challenges you are GOOD.. I'm surprised I got the Cruelty one last night.

I think the only challenges I specifically set out to do are the weapon challenges. Its so nice to complete a challenge out of the blue, you look and realize its one you never thought you would complete.
April 22, 2008 8:09:53 PM

tsd16 said:
I think the only challenges I specifically set out to do are the weapon challenges. Its so nice to complete a challenge out of the blue, you look and realize its one you never thought you would complete.

Yeah usually try to the the 1750 point by getting phase 1-3 on the weapons kills. The scorpion was a pain. But I've gotten all the assult, sub, and shotguns complete. Working on the LMG's. Im not big on being a sniper though, i like action. The .50 is cool though.
I never could figure out what the red and blue camo was for, i guess just to be cool. I'm a fan of the m16 though, it's my fav, except the shotgun on wet works, cause I'll own you each time.

It would be nice to have some more maps though. I wonder if they will charge for a booster pack or something or just a patch.
April 22, 2008 11:23:42 PM

If you are looking for new maps, try and do some of the hardcore game modes in the server list. There are actually some really nice user created maps. Most of the guys playing on the hardcore present a nice challenge if you find yourself feeling untested. theoldbreed-- they provide some good sniping maps and mods. If you are into moving really slow and waiting and picking your shots. But for the most part, there are some good hardcore mods with some really nice and large maps. Just make sure you filter in the mods when you refresh the server list. I am on the hardcore modes all the time. Well worth the wait for the maps to dled. Most maps are around 45mb each, they also have a web adress if you want to just download all the maps from that particular website. That's what I did. Hope that helped you a little bit.

I am also waiting on the new maps, I have played them for 360 and they are nice.
April 23, 2008 12:46:56 PM

^
|
REALLY! I was not aware of the Hardcore maps. I saw some challenges that were like "win a Hardcore Team Death Match" or something like that. I never knew what they were. So people actually create them? I'm guessing the people who made them sit on those servers and own everyone who comes on them. Like those clan severs that have a whole team of 55's and spank you all day long. 45MB shouldn't take long if Comcast doesn't throttle it or know me off the Speed Burst cause its a large file.

Can the 360 create maps? Im guessing not, but I'm not familiar with 360 stuff.

So is there a map maker that is bundles with the game or is that a seperate piece? Sorry for the questions.

I just made level 55 last night and now I have nothing else to shoot for besides all the challenges. I think I completed 1 Elite one last night again, like call 3 UAV's in a match, ohhhh so hard! haha. I haven't touched the sniper rifles yet and i tested myself last night. You really don't get tons of kills do you with those?
April 23, 2008 12:55:24 PM

I play COD4 quite a lot and I haven't actually seen the Killhouse map yet. Get the other 3 quite often but no Killhouse - is it bugged or only available on certain game-modes or something? I pretty much just play domination.
!