video glitching and freezing problem with nfs pro street (help)

marcmann982

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
Heys guys ok i bought need for speed pro street about 2 months ago. I know that my computer is up to specs to play the game everything is updated my computers specs are fine even got then new 1.1 version of pro street. but for some reason when i play it the video and sometimes the sound glitches,lags, and freezes. i dont know what it could be ne clue. i mean here my computer specs and i even checked it on system requirements lab so i dont know its doin this can some one help??? ::

Need for Speed™ Pro Street
System Requirements Lab Analysis
Your computer can run this product because your system meets the Minimum requirements. If you want to see how you can meet all the Recommended requirements to have a great experience, look at the Recommended section below.

CPU Speed
Minimum: 2.8 GHz (3.0 GHz or higher for Vista)
You Have: 2.79 GHz Performance Rated at 4.19 GHz
PASS
System RAM
Minimum: 512 MB (Windows Vista requires 1GB RAM)
You Have: 1.2 GB
PASS
Operating System
Minimum: Windows XP/Vista
You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (Build Service Pack 22600)
PASS
Video Card
Minimum: Supported chipsets: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5950 greater (GeForce MX series not supported); ATI Radeon 9500 or greater. Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required.
You Have: ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9800 (ATI Radeon Graphics Processor AGP (0x4A4E))
PASS
Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card

Video RAM: Required - 128 MB , You have - 256.0 MB
Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 2.0

Video Card Driver Version (DirectX)
Your driver version number is: 6.14.10.6783
FYI: Your video card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper video card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.
DirectX Version
Minimum: 9.0c (included)
You Have: 9.0c
PASS
Sound Card
Minimum: Yes
You Have: SigmaTel Audio
PASS
Sound Card Driver Version
Your driver version number is: 5.10
FYI: Your sound card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper sound card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.
Free Disk Space
Minimum: 8.1 GB
You Have: 51.5 GB
PASS
DVD
Minimum: 8X speed DVD-ROM. This game contains technology intended to prevent copying that may conflict with some DVD-ROM, DVD-RW and virtual drives.
You Have: SONY CDRW/DVD CRX830E
PASS, but the Speed could NOT be analyzed.

gta_bmx

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2008
Could be a huge host of culprits. Have you done a clean install of XP recently? I think Microsoft is releasing XP Service Pack 3 (containing all the 100 or so patches) today, so that will make reinstalling/updating XP a whole lot easier. It used to take forever to update/patch XP.

You could also have a cooling issue. Are your fans all working? Is there dust on your PC's components? Might need to add some fans. Or it could be a bad mobo, video card, and/or sound card. good luck.