Sign in with
Your question

Asassins Creed Pc vs. 360

Last response: in Video Games
April 23, 2008 11:07:36 PM

I really want to get Assassins Creed. I am ready to buy it, but I don't know which system to get it for. I have an Xbox 360 and a good computer (8800GTX, Q6600, 6 gig RAM, etc.) I am leaning towards the PC, but my main concerns are:
1. I know that there are a lot of reviews that say it gets repetative on the console, but the com adds some new minigames. Is this worth it?
2. Generally, computers have better graphics than the consoles. Will my PC run at higher settings to the point where it is noticeable? I can run at a maximum resolution of 1680X1280
3. My most important concern is the control scheme. I know the game is styled after parquor, but is it better with a console controller or a mouse/keyboard? If need be, I can buy a wired controller (thinking about one anyways) and use that for the PC as well as the 360.
4. Lastly, is there enough free content for download on the computer that it is worth it? I don't plan on buying the points for Live to download things, so I would prefer to just use the internet on my computer.

Any help that can be given will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

More about : asassins creed 360

April 24, 2008 12:57:37 AM

I got it on PC and I like it. I never played it on 360. With a q6600 and 8800gtx you should be able to rock with high settings in dx10 at 1680x1280. I'm run everything at high at 1680x1050 in dx10 with my setup.
April 24, 2008 3:16:31 AM

Well DX10 will enhance the game more than what the 360 can do. Plus your rig will be able to play it max with everything pumped easily.

I myself haven't played it and wish they had a demo but it looks great on the PC.
Related resources
April 24, 2008 11:23:28 AM

I've just started playing A.C. on PC, running an OC'd 8800GT at 1680X1050 on DX10 with everything maxed and it's running smooth as butter... cept for some pretty consistent crashing issues.

I actually got a wired Xbox 360 controller for this game, and I’m quite liking it as a controller, although to be honest I’ve played with keyboard and mouse, and keyboard an mouse is better. I got the controller to see what i was missing out on since i don’t have and Xbox and am considering buying one, and quite frankly since i have the rig and the controller and all the games that i seem to want to play on xbox get ported to PC eventually i think i'll save the money on the Xbox and get the cheaper PC games.

If i was you i'd get the PC game simply because you'll run it fine and it'll be cheaper and use the keyboard and mouse instead of the 360 controller.

Only complaint i have is the continuous crashing although Ubuisoft promise a patch soon that will help with that.
April 24, 2008 5:28:37 PM

as far as controller/keyboard and mouse. Its fine if you have a mouse that has a couple extra buttons on it. Although its still not bad if you dont, but you can tell the game was created with a controller in mind.

I dont know what minigames you speak of? Maybe they threw a couple extra missions in there for the pc or sumthin, but even on the pc it gets kind of repetitious. go to the city gather intel kill the guy, go to the city gather intel kill the guy. It may sound negative but trust me when I say the fighting, scenery and storyline definitely outweigh any short comings this game has.

I havent checked to see if there was any sort of modding scene or downloadable content for this game yet.
April 25, 2008 12:52:52 AM

okay thanks guys, im thinkin just getting it for the pc. I used the term "minigames" to describe the side quests you do before assassinating someone. They said the pc version has extra side quests so theres a little more diversity. Also, my heritage is from this area so I'm very interested to get this game.
April 25, 2008 12:39:55 PM

Cool, hope you enjoy it :) 

I agree with tsd16, the game play is repedetive, but the visuals make up for that, it really is a spectacularly pretty game.

P.S. on a random side note, if you currently have a broken elbow like me, the 360 controller is far easier to use than the keaboard (;
April 25, 2008 2:46:02 PM

there are also, the bonus missions of killing templars hidden in the land and collecting flags as some extra replay value.

Also, if you havent heard any spoilers, the beginning of the game will kind of be a WTF?! moment.
April 25, 2008 11:45:03 PM

luckily, ive been skipping over anything that sounds remotely like the plot in reviews and such, so I havent heard very much.

next time, just let those kids burn inside the preschool. It's not worth breaking an arm.
December 29, 2011 3:30:12 AM

tallguy1618 said:
luckily, ive been skipping over anything that sounds remotely like the plot in reviews and such, so I havent heard very much.

next time, just let those kids burn inside the preschool. It's not worth breaking an arm.

I know that this thread is as old as Methuselah, but still I have to say just how terrible that was to say. I am shocked that someone would joke like that, and what kind of moderators did this site have back then to let something like that go...

Good grief...
December 29, 2011 8:38:24 AM

Although this is a 3 year-old thread... well, now I can only agree with PCgamer81...
December 30, 2011 3:28:03 AM

Eldd said:
Although this is a 3 year-old thread... well, now I can only agree with PCgamer81...

I know, geez...

I am never one to censor people - I hate censorship. I also joke all of the time and can get pretty far out into left field, myself.

But burning babies? Good grief...
December 30, 2011 6:05:46 AM

PCgamer81 said:
I know, geez...

I am never one to censor people - I hate censorship. I also joke all of the time and can get pretty far out into left field, myself.

But burning babies? Good grief...

That teaches us a lesson, don't go smoking weed and posting at the same time...
December 30, 2011 6:18:12 AM

Eldd said:
That teaches us a lesson, don't go smoking weed and posting at the same time...

LOL, agreed.
!