ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard Status?

JonathanF

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001
I received my A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard from Multiwave a few hours ago.

I will be using an AMD Athlon 2700+ Retail Version CPU with two sticks of the Kingston HyperX Series 256MB DDR434 (PC-3500) DDR RAM.

I will be using the AMD Athlon 2700+ Retail CPU's Heatsink and Fan, since I do not plan to overclock at this time.

I will use the AMD Retail HeatPad instead of the Arctic Silver 3 Compound, since I do want to void the AMD Athlon CPU 3 Year Warranty.

I currently have the PC Power & Cooling Silencer 400 ATX Power Supply with a PC Power & Cooling Economical Mid-Tower Steel Case with two Case Fans.

What is the best BIOS Software Revision that I should use for the ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard?

What are the best ASUS A7N8X Motherboard BIOS Settings that should I use, since I am not going to overclock at this time?

Should I insert the two sticks of Kingston PC-3500 DDR RAM in Slots 1 and 2, and 1 and 3, or 2 and 3?

I plan on using the ASUS Motherboard's on board Sound instead of my Sound Blaster Live Card.

Which of the two NIC Port's (3COM and NVIDIA) should I be using for my DSL Connection?

Are there any other of the ASUS Motherboard's Hardware Settings that I should be using?
Examples: (Agressive, Normal?)

Jonathan

Jonathan

DaveP

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2002
1. The bios should be OK the way it is. It is set up for
this CPU.
2. If you're not overclocking use the default bios settings.
3. Put the RAM in the two slots closest to the CPU.
4. Use the SB Live.

Old age is a hoax.. Turns out to only be a severe back problem.

Dreadnaught

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2001
Please read up at this forum thread
<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=527833#527833" target="_new"> Official Asus A7N8X Thread </A>

set your memory to aggressive, and make sure fsb is set right, you should always be entering your bios when you first get your pc. if your not doing SATA disable it, if your not using anything else disable it. less irq stuff to deal with and wont have to be loading those drivers. read that thread

<A HREF="http://www.trsclan.com" target="_new"> Clan TRS is Back </A>