make a Start Menu of Control Panel?

HI - with so much in the XP control Panel I was thinking it would be
nice to have it all on a start menu - is there an easy way to do this?
/thanks
/j

Yepper.

XP Start Menu >>
Right click the Start button | Properties |
Start Menu tab | Customize button | Advanced tab |
Check: ? Display as Menu or ? Display as link |
OK | Apply | OK

? Display as link = Link to Control Panel
? Display as Menu = Has flyout menu

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:uxK9sGurEHA.2580@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
Jeff W <msnews@kwcpa.com> hunted and pecked:
> HI - with so much in the XP control Panel I was thinking it would be
> nice to have it all on a start menu - is there an easy way to do this?
> /thanks
> /j

Actually for XP2

start -> properties -> customize -> "expand Control Panel"

Wesley Vogel wrote:

>Yepper.
>
>XP Start Menu >>
>Right click the Start button | Properties |
>Start Menu tab | Customize button | Advanced tab |
>Check: ? Display as Menu or ? Display as link |
>OK | Apply | OK
>
>? Display as link = Link to Control Panel
>? Display as Menu = Has flyout menu

Jeff,

I have no idea what XP2 is.

Since you said you didn't have Control Panel on the Start Menu, I assummed
that you were using the XP Start Menu. The Classic Start Menu *has* Control
Panel listed always. You can't remove it unless you edit the registry.

The steps that you describe are for the Classic Start Menu.
The Classic Start Menu also has the option you describe: Expand Control
Panel. [[Specifies whether to display the contents of Control Panel in a
menu instead of a window.]]

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:%23nDnthurEHA.3980@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
Jeff W <msnews@kwcpa.com> hunted and pecked:
> Actually for XP2
>
> start -> properties -> customize -> "expand Control Panel"
>
> Wesley Vogel wrote:
>
>> Yepper.
>>
>> XP Start Menu >>
>> Right click the Start button | Properties |
>> Start Menu tab | Customize button | Advanced tab |
>> Check: ? Display as Menu or ? Display as link |
>> OK | Apply | OK
>>
>> ? Display as link = Link to Control Panel
>> ? Display as Menu = Has flyout menu

What is XP2?

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service

"Jeff W" <msnews@kwcpa.com> wrote in message
> Actually for XP2
>
> start -> properties -> customize -> "expand Control Panel"
>
> Wesley Vogel wrote:
>
>>Yepper.
>>
>>XP Start Menu >>
>>Right click the Start button | Properties |
>>Start Menu tab | Customize button | Advanced tab |
>>Check: ? Display as Menu or ? Display as link |
>>OK | Apply | OK
>>
>>? Display as link = Link to Control Panel
>>? Display as Menu = Has flyout menu

I meant XP, SP2

Wesley Vogel wrote:

>Jeff,
>
>I have no idea what XP2 is.
>
>Since you said you didn't have Control Panel on the Start Menu, I assummed
>that you were using the XP Start Menu. The Classic Start Menu *has* Control
>Panel listed always. You can't remove it unless you edit the registry.
>
>The steps that you describe are for the Classic Start Menu.
>The Classic Start Menu also has the option you describe: Expand Control
>Panel. [[Specifies whether to display the contents of Control Panel in a
>menu instead of a window.]]

TRENDING THREADS