Coverage in Etna CA?

How's coverage in Etna CA? As an Alltel user who will likely be
roaming there on Verizon for several days in July, can anyone advise
the SID and digital/analog situation? If not Verizon, who is there?

Thanks, George

Verizon doesn't have native service there. Your coverage options (if any)
will be things like US Cellular, CalNorth, or AT&T analog. The latest PRLs
add CalNorth as a friendly digital roam for Verizon AC users. Late PRLs
also have much of far-northern california US Cellular SIDs as friendly
roam-- but note too that there are US Cellular SID's which are not in the
PRL, and are not friendly roam. i.e. You may get there and have to play
with your phone's auto-a, auto-b setting to find a signal at all. If this
is the case, whatever signal you find will be outside the PRL (which is
actually quite common in my experience traveling the rural west). Anything
not in the PRL is non-friendly roam to AC users.

See http://www.calnorth.net/coverage_maps.html

If you're lucky someone from the area will be able to give you more specific
information. Note that this means you might have voice coverage (which I
think is likely), but you won't have data.

Looks like a beautiful place to visit. Hope you enjoy your trip,

-Dan

PS: If you remember, you might report back to the group on how coverage is.
If your close enough to a CalNorth tower, you'll likely be in great shape.
They have good digital service where available, and appear as friendly roam
in the most recent AC PRL.

"GeorgeB" <nospam@att.net> wrote in message
> How's coverage in Etna CA? As an Alltel user who will likely be
> roaming there on Verizon for several days in July, can anyone advise
> the SID and digital/analog situation? If not Verizon, who is there?
>
> Thanks, George

http://www.calnorth.net/coverage_maps.html

Sorry to followup to my own post, but if you look at the CalNorth map they
clearly
show Etna on their coverage map which is likely a good sign for you. I
would update
your PRL before you leave if you don't have something current. The latest
PRL's for
the AC plan add CalNorth as friendly roam. We Verizon users have been able
place calls on their service for several years, it's only recently that they
have been
added to the PRL, and as friendly roam. (You used to have to let your
phone
find their service as they weren't in the PRL. On my Kyocera phones I'd
select
digital-only to find their service which is now not necessary).

-Dan