Spore Creature Creator

exfileme

Splendid
Someone here on the forums was looking for more information on Will Wright's newest creation, Spore. While it's not exactly insider news (working on that), here's a bit of goodness for you to chew on:

On June 17, gamers will be able to download a free demo of the Spore Creature Creator. This small taste from the upcoming PC/Mac game Spore offers fans an early glimpse into the freedom of creating an unlimited number of species, allowing access to 25% of the creature-making parts using in the upcoming retail version. Players will also be able to share their creations with friends and even upload them to YouTube.

According to EA, there are also plans to release a retail version of the Spore Creature Creator for $9.99 (EUR 9.99 in most European territories) on the same day, however this version gives players access to all the creature-making parts in the game. All creatures designed with the Spore Creature Creator -either demo or retail version- can be imported into the full retail version of Spore for PC and Mac when it launches on September 5, 2008 in Europe and September 7, 2008 in North America.

Spore, the highly anticipated game from the creators of The Sims(TM), gives players their own personal universe in a box. Create and evolve life, establish tribes, build civilizations, sculpt entire worlds and explore a universe created by other gamers. Spore gives players a wealth of creative tools to customize nearly every aspect of their universe: creatures, vehicles, buildings, and even UFOs. Players can then seamlessly share their creations with the world or explore infinite new galaxies created by other gamers.
Gamers picking up a copy of The SimCity Box will find the Spore Creature Creator packed with the game as well.

infornography42

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
That is pretty cool. Though I wonder if it will cost them more sales than it gains them. The creature creator is the biggest draw to the game for me at least. I don't have high expectations of the rest of the game but hope to be pleasantly surprised. Mostly I just want to play around with the creatures.