vx4400 vs vx4500 RF performance

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

I am upgrading and currently have vx4400. I would like a speakerphone so it
is either the vx4500 or the v60. I have had good results with LG phones.

Other than the lack of analog what how does the RF performance of the 4500
compare with the 4400?

I have heard that the 4500 may actually have slightly better performance
than the 4400 for digital service.

I actually had one of each of these phones side by side at one point and
while looking at "Screen" the recieved signal strength was a little bit
better on the 4500. I don't remember if I had the antenna up or down on the
4400 though (note that the 4500 does not have an extendable antenna). I
never made any calls on the 4500 so I can't tell you for sure which was
better (the numbers really mean nothing when it comes down to call quality).

-Eric