user accounts

I am trying to set up a limited access user account for
my son. I want to do this so he is not able to delete
anything of mine. i set the account up and tell it to be
limited, but when i get on his account he can access my
personal files and delete them. i need to know how to fix
this problem.

any help will be greatly appreciated

kyle
3 answers Last reply
More about user accounts

    Go into Control Panel > User Accounts > click on your username, you should
    see an option to make your files private.

    Also, go to C: Drive > Documents and Settings > open the properties of your
    account folder, > Sharing and Security and configure the settings on who
    should or should not access your files:

    Andre
    "Kyle" <quiksilverrn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I am trying to set up a limited access user account for
    > my son. I want to do this so he is not able to delete
    > anything of mine. i set the account up and tell it to be
    > limited, but when i get on his account he can access my
    > personal files and delete them. i need to know how to fix
    > this problem.
    >
    > any help will be greatly appreciated
    >
    > kyle

    I see that option to make my folder private but i dont
    have it. it must be a win xp pro setting. And the
    problem with that is that my son will still be able to
    add and remove programs.

    again any help is appreciated

    kyle

    What's the file system? FAT32 has no way of controlling access to files,
    only NTFS can do (or 3rd party sw).

    --
    Tumppi
    Reply to group

    "kyle" <quiksilverrn@hotmail.com> kirjoitti viestissä
    > I see that option to make my folder private but i dont
    > have it. it must be a win xp pro setting. And the
    > problem with that is that my son will still be able to
    > add and remove programs.
    >
    > again any help is appreciated
    >
    > kyle

Microsoft User Accounts Windows XP