Changing from"Limited" to "COMPUTER ADMINISTRATOR"???

HELP! I've accidentally changed my user account to the "LIMITED" status, Now
I cannot uninstall etc...HOW do I get my account BACK to "Computer
Administrator" , so that I can do the things I used to be able to do? I am
the only user...Appreciate any help!
--
Kenglert55

Restart in Safe Mode and log on as Administrator then restore your account
in Control Panel to its Administrative priviledges.

Andre
"kenglert55" <kenglert55@microsoft answers.com> wrote in message
> HELP! I've accidentally changed my user account to the "LIMITED" status,
> Now
> I cannot uninstall etc...HOW do I get my account BACK to "Computer
> Administrator" , so that I can do the things I used to be able to do? I
> am
> the only user...Appreciate any help!
> --
> Kenglert55

DB

will this erase everything from your limited account though? will you lose
all your current files??

"Andre Da Costa" wrote:

> Restart in Safe Mode and log on as Administrator then restore your account
> in Control Panel to its Administrative priviledges.
>
> Andre
> "kenglert55" <kenglert55@microsoft answers.com> wrote in message
> > HELP! I've accidentally changed my user account to the "LIMITED" status,
> > Now
> > I cannot uninstall etc...HOW do I get my account BACK to "Computer
> > Administrator" , so that I can do the things I used to be able to do? I
> > am
> > the only user...Appreciate any help!
> > --
> > Kenglert55

Hi,

No, this is just a status change. There is no loss of data with those steps.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone