activating Word on XP Home

When I try to activate Word on my XP Home edition, I get
a dialog box entitled 'XP Professional Setup.' It asks
me for my 25-character Professional edition keycode. All
I have is the keycode for my Home edition, but it says
it's invalid. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
3 answers Last reply
More about activating word home

    Windows XP is different from Microsoft Word, XP Professional is the
    operating system, Word is the word processor for typing documents. They are
    both different. You need to get the key for the Word program, look for the
    CD case.

    Another option is to call Microsoft's phone number (800-360-7561). Tell them
    that you have lost the install CD along with the Product Key.
    See link:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823570

    Andre
    "Gretchen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I try to activate Word on my XP Home edition, I get
    > a dialog box entitled 'XP Professional Setup.' It asks
    > me for my 25-character Professional edition keycode. All
    > I have is the keycode for my Home edition, but it says
    > it's invalid. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    Gretchen;
    Look for the CDs with Microsoft Word or Office.
    The Product Key should be on the package.

    If this is OEM and came preinstalled call the seller if you still have
    problems.
    Microsoft can not help with OEM.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    "Gretchen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I try to activate Word on my XP Home edition, I get
    > a dialog box entitled 'XP Professional Setup.' It asks
    > me for my 25-character Professional edition keycode. All
    > I have is the keycode for my Home edition, but it says
    > it's invalid. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    Hi

    Sounds like you need to activate Word rather than Windows XP.
    Look for the Microsoft Office CD.

    Gary Hendricks
    www.baby-product-guide.com

    "Gretchen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<179b01c4af24$92926e50$a501280a@phx.gbl>...
    > When I try to activate Word on my XP Home edition, I get
    > a dialog box entitled 'XP Professional Setup.' It asks
    > me for my 25-character Professional edition keycode. All
    > I have is the keycode for my Home edition, but it says
    > it's invalid. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Microsoft Dialog Windows XP