activating Word on XP Home

October 10, 2004 8:55:08 PM

When I try to activate Word on my XP Home edition, I get
a dialog box entitled 'XP Professional Setup.' It asks
me for my 25-character Professional edition keycode. All
I have is the keycode for my Home edition, but it says
it's invalid. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

More about : activating word home

Anonymous
October 10, 2004 9:01:43 PM

Windows XP is different from Microsoft Word, XP Professional is the
operating system, Word is the word processor for typing documents. They are
both different. You need to get the key for the Word program, look for the
CD case.

Another option is to call Microsoft's phone number (800-360-7561). Tell them
that you have lost the install CD along with the Product Key.
See link:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823570

Andre
"Gretchen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try to activate Word on my XP Home edition, I get
> a dialog box entitled 'XP Professional Setup.' It asks
> me for my 25-character Professional edition keycode. All
> I have is the keycode for my Home edition, but it says
> it's invalid. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Anonymous
October 11, 2004 2:53:17 AM

Gretchen;
Look for the CDs with Microsoft Word or Office.
The Product Key should be on the package.

If this is OEM and came preinstalled call the seller if you still have
problems.
Microsoft can not help with OEM.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"Gretchen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try to activate Word on my XP Home edition, I get
> a dialog box entitled 'XP Professional Setup.' It asks
> me for my 25-character Professional edition keycode. All
> I have is the keycode for my Home edition, but it says
> it's invalid. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Anonymous
October 11, 2004 10:07:45 AM

Hi

Sounds like you need to activate Word rather than Windows XP.
Look for the Microsoft Office CD.

Gary Hendricks
www.baby-product-guide.com

!