Number of fonts allowed

How many fonts can I load into Windows XP and still have it run okay? Just
got a new computer with XP, had ME before and could only keep about 600-700
installed at any one time. I do word processing in several languages, and
need fonts for various alphabets other than English.
4 answers Last reply
More about number fonts allowed

    "Laneybelle" <Laneybelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >How many fonts can I load into Windows XP and still have it run okay?

    Depends on the RAM configuration. You could get a font manager to have
    the fonts available that you need while not having to load all of
    them.

    --
    (tm)

    MyFonts Font Manager for Windows®
    http://www.mytools.com/myfonts.html

    "Laneybelle" wrote:

    > How many fonts can I load into Windows XP and still have it run okay? Just
    > got a new computer with XP, had ME before and could only keep about 600-700
    > installed at any one time. I do word processing in several languages, and
    > need fonts for various alphabets other than English.

    Where do I get a font manager? Is it a software program I have to buy, and
    is there one you'd recommend?

    "Thorsten Matzner" wrote:

    > "Laneybelle" <Laneybelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >How many fonts can I load into Windows XP and still have it run okay?
    >
    > Depends on the RAM configuration. You could get a font manager to have
    > the fonts available that you need while not having to load all of
    > them.
    >
    > --
    > (tm)

    "Laneybelle" <Laneybelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Where do I get a font manager? Is it a software program I have to buy, and
    >is there one you'd recommend?

    You may find such software on shareware pages like
    http://www.tucows.com/, http://www.simtel.net/simtel.net/. I can not
    recommend any program, because I do not use this kind of tools.

    --
    (tm)

Computers Microsoft Windows XP