dave47

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2002
would anyone know why my A drive doesnt recognized when i have a disk in it? thought it was a bad drive, got a new one and same exact thing, computer says drive is working fine. then i try to access it and it says i need to put a disk in when there is one in it already. probably something simple, but im stumped, course im simple anyway. appreciate the help. dave

KraftyMcVay

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2002
Same idea: cable is backwards or your floppy disk is bad? thats my best guesses

-krafty

The Pentium 5! Same bang, for more of your buck!

Tommunist

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2002
the cable will only work one way yea. the end with the little twist thing in it should be closer to the floppy drive i believe.

Those dogs can smell anything. That's why you gotta kick em in the throat!!!

Brunix

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2002
After your system is up is the light on the floppy always on? If so the cable is backward. On most floppies the #1 wire (red) is next to the power connector. (most of the time not always). Is the floppy seen by the Bios?

dave47

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2002
no the light only comes on when trying to read, and the bios recognizes it, i think my floppy controller is bad, any way to fix, or do i have to replace mb..msi kt3- ultra

Brunix

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2002
That seems strange. Can you use B:> ?

Try removing the drivers in Device manager and rebooting the system. New drivers should be reinstalled and may fix something.