Sign in with
Your question

Why Movie Tie-In Games Suck

Last response: in Video Games
April 29, 2008 3:31:30 PM

Article by Travis Meacham.

The summer movie season kicks off this week which usually coincides with the arrival of poorly conceived tie-in videogames. Senior Editor Travis Meacham addresses the problems with movie tie-in games but offers hope for a couple exceptions this summer.

http://www.tomsgames.com/us/2008/04/29/column_movie_tiein_games/

More about : movie tie games suck

April 29, 2008 5:24:14 PM

What about E.T. on the Atari 2600?
May 2, 2008 4:21:22 AM

The article pretty much nailed it. You can't place an arbitrary date of completion on a game, and expect that anything good is going to come of it. It's unfortunate, because at this point, I automatically assume if a game is based on a movie, it's going to be complete crap. I don't even give the game a chance. I wish the people behind these games would just stop.
Related resources
May 2, 2008 8:46:31 AM

Not a fan of ass-kicking pandas?
May 2, 2008 10:02:49 AM

I started the Transformers demo, said "WTH?", then uninstalled it.
May 2, 2008 8:04:20 PM

Sorry, but it looks like the Iron Man games sucks too, from the initial reviews I've seen, as well as my own perception from watching live-action demo footage.
May 4, 2008 5:52:21 AM

I really enjoyed the Lego Star Wars games, and looking forward to the upcoming iterations (Indiana Jones and Batman). Transformers was a poor game I admit, but the PC version was significantly less in price and I happen to be a huge Transformers toy fan, so I am more forgiving on that one.
!