Help to uninstall XP

Im wondering if someone could tell me how i can uninstall
windows xp completely. There are numerous problems on my
sons computor and it would be just as easy to uninstall
all of windows XP and start over.Could anyone help me or
direct me to this information-
Thankyou..mshewan@sympatico.ca
3 answers Last reply
More about help uninstall

    Hi

    What problems have you got with XP?

    If you really do need/want to reinstall XP the following article by Michael
    Stevens will show you how to perform a 'Clean' install of XP:

    "Clean Install Windows XP"

    Will Denny
    MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Please reply to the News Groups

    "Mike Shewan" <mshewan@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > Im wondering if someone could tell me how i can uninstall
    > windows xp completely. There are numerous problems on my
    > sons computor and it would be just as easy to uninstall
    > all of windows XP and start over.Could anyone help me or
    > direct me to this information-
    > Thankyou..mshewan@sympatico.ca

    I had the same problem with my wife's laptop, and asked the same question,
    but never really got a decent answer. What I've gathered is that it depends
    on the type of computer you have and how it is set up. It also depends on
    how much you're willing to lose.

    On a table-top computer I have, I simply went to the add-remove program
    section and uninstalled XP. There was a back-up version stored on my hard
    drive which automatically re-installed. I had to reinstall drivers for a
    lot of my programs afterwards, but it did clean a lot of things up.
    WARNING, I've learned that computer set-up is different from model to model,
    and that function may not work, and may delete everything. I had a full
    version of XP OS on CD-ROM, so I wasn't too concerned. Worst case, I could
    simply reinstall XP from scratch, and there wasn't much on the computer I
    couldn't do without. Most computers, however, don't have full copies of XP
    as backup.

    My recommendation is to first try a "restore." That re-sets your computer
    configuration to a past point in time where the computer was running fine.
    Click "Start," hover over "all programs," go to "accessories," then "system
    tools," and select "system restore." Follow directions.

    Good luck!
    Max

    Mike Shewan wrote:
    > Im wondering if someone could tell me how i can uninstall
    > windows xp completely. There are numerous problems on my
    > sons computor and it would be just as easy to uninstall
    > all of windows XP and start over.Could anyone help me or
    > direct me to this information-
    > Thankyou..mshewan@sympatico.ca

    You boot from the CD and do a clean install.
    Click on or copy and paste the link below into your web browser address bar.
    How to clean install XP.
    Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
    xpnews@bogusmichaelstevenstech.com
    http://michaelstevenstech.com