Help with Pagefile.sys

Hi,

I recently have been a problem with my cpu rebooting
itself. The error I get is Windows\Minidump\Mini100104-
01.dmp So, I went into to change the Page File as
suggested before. I did the following.

1. Set Page File to 0, ok your way out and reboot. Then
follow the same procedure and reset the Page File to
System Managed File.

The next day it happened again.

So then I decided to set to No Page File. When I rebooted
my cpu and set it to System Manage. I received a prompt
asking me if I wanted to overwrite the C:\Pagefile.sys I
said yes. I assuming I am suppose to delete this file but
when and how would I do this before I set my Page File to
System Managed?

When I hit system managed it gives me a minimum of 2MB
and Currently Allocated to 335.

I even went to http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
scid=kb;EN-US;q317277 and downloaded the patch to no
avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi

Please have a look at the following article by Alex Nichol:

"Virtual Memory in Windows XP"
http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.php

--

Will Denny