XBOX 360's and Keyboards/Mice

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexh1266

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2008
Hey,

I am a very harcore pc gamer, but lately it seems that games are being developed more and more for consoles ;(

I was thinkning about buying an XBOX 360 but i am not looking forward to using those very inaccurate joysticks.

Does anyone know if it is possible to connect a keyboard and mouse to a 360 so i can still enjoy gaming using an old fashioned USB keyboard and mouse? :)

Thanks!

exfileme

Splendid
As far as I know, nothing on the Xbox 360 supports the mouse or keyboard (although you can plug in a USB keyboard to type etc). I'm still trying to milk Midway about support for the upcoming X360 version of UT3 with absolutely no success.

The PlayStation 3 version of UT3 supports mouse and keyboard however, but I don't know of anything else outside the usual OS functions and web browser.

Out of the two, the PS3 is the closest relative, and you can even install Linux.

raptorxt

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2007
the thing is not many console gamers can compete with a mouse and keyboard

and i am certain that you cannot connect a keyboard or mouse into an xbox360 and play a game

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
I've seen some company that makes an adapter that maps the game pad controls to a keyboard and mouse. I haven't tried this personally, but can't imagine it working really well. UT3 on the PS3 does support the mouse and keyboard, as well as mods, unlike the Xbox360 version. I personally would stay away from the 360 unless you really want to play Gears of War 2 this year. I own one and have gone through hell with the RRoD and Microsoft refusing the transfer licenses from my purchased downloads. :??:

exfileme

Splendid
Aren't your purchased downloads tied into your Live account rather than the console hardware itself? It should be a sample as logging in on the new console and re-downloading, but that's an assumption.

Again, Midway has not denied or admitted to keyboard and mouse support for UT3 on X360. Both Epic and Midway told me "we're not at a point to disclose that information yet."

Here's the XFPS 3.0 Sniper Plus, an adapter that maps the controls to mouse and keyboard...

alexh1266

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2008
Has anyone tried this "XFPS 3.0 Sniper Plus" program yet with a keyboard and mouse? nad how well does it work?

Ok now im starting to think that a PS3 would be a better console to buy! Does anyone know ifs games are compatible with a USB Mouse and a USB keyboard?

Thanks,
Alex

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
The whole point is I have to be constantly logged into my live account now, which was not the case when I originally purchased the content. Re-downling the content does nothing at all, unlike what is claimed by the Xbox website. When you originally purchase it, the content is tied both to that gamertag and the console's serial number, so others can use the content on that system without being logged into the purchasing account. Unfortunately when Microsoft came up with their DRM model, they were not expecting every Xbox360 ever produced to suffer from a hardware failure. I've called their support line and some guy who is supposed to be a "supervisor" asked for my new unit's serial number so the licenses could be transferred, and he said I would receive a phone call with an update. It's been a few weeks now and I haven't heard anything; the worst part is, this isn't the first time I've had problems like this. I've gone through the same **** trying to remove my credit card information from my account and it requires a 30 minute phone call, and a 30 business day billing cycle for the information to be removed according to M$. I could cancel my credit cards a lot faster than they can remove the information from my account.

astro2

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2011
Hello,does xbox 360 have a mouse and keyboard?

well yes it does

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MAX-SHOOTER-XFPS-Keyboard-Mouse-PS2-XBOX-360-/270632575258?pt=AU_Video_Game_Accessories&hash=item3f02f5611a

now as a person who is a playstation fanboy and a pc fanboy, why am i talking about xbox360?

well there a tons of awesome games, i cannot be bothered upgrading my computer which costs heaps just to play the latest games, i might but i doubt it

xbox 360 is super cheap, its got HDMI support and its HD and it can be modded

if it wasn't for me hating on microsoft and its stupid xbox creation and pc having better aim using a mouse and keyboard I guess its hard to say no to xbox...unless you can prove otherwise?

i mean even sony playstation only games are getting ported to xbox

so yeah, my only reason to get an xbox is NOT like the OP said i.e most games are for consoles, alot of games are for pcs, only specific console brand games are on consoles i.e little planet...but even that maybe on pc, i only want a console because hey, i use to be able to play GTA then it got bigger and faster until GTA 4 can't be played on my pc and who has the cash to spend hundreds of dollars on a new motherboard/ram/cpu/video card??

Status
Not open for further replies.