Windows Shortcuts / Icons

I am having a problem of not being able to send a website to the Desktop
as a "Shortcut". I have icons on the Desktop from the past, and these are
working correctly. I am able to send them to a folder in "Favorites", and
they are active from there

I'm having difficulty with shortcut icons on the desktop. I use a lot of
these for quick connect to programs I use frequently.
I have noticed some program icons, for example ... WinZip have a "picture
theme" as their icon.
When I click on "Properties" for this icon, there are 3 tabs available...
"General"
"Shortcut"
"Compatibility"
Under the "Shortcut" tab, it allows the icon to be changed, and refers me to
a group of mixed icons.
Another icon, for example "Windows XP New Users Group" have only the generic
"e" explorer icon.
When I go to the "Properties" selection on the info, it only has the
"General" tab, and no choice of changing the icon.
I know this is a small thing to worry with, but I would just like to have my
desktop look better, plus it does make spotting the desktop shortcut icon
easier.
Can anyone help?

--
Thanks for any assistance or suggestions.
Amber

    In Internet Explorer, click Favorites (from drop down menu) > click "Create
    in" > New folder and type the path, example "C:\Documents and Settings\Your
    Username\Desktop.

    Andre
    "Amber" <Amber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am having a problem of not being able to send a website to the Desktop
    > as a "Shortcut". I have icons on the Desktop from the past, and these are
    > working correctly. I am able to send them to a folder in "Favorites", and
    > they are active from there
    >

    > I'm having difficulty with shortcut icons on the desktop. I use a lot of
    > these for quick connect to programs I use frequently.
    > I have noticed some program icons, for example ... WinZip have a "picture
    > theme" as their icon.
    > When I click on "Properties" for this icon, there are 3 tabs available...
    > "General"
    > "Shortcut"
    > "Compatibility"
    > Under the "Shortcut" tab, it allows the icon to be changed, and refers me
    > a group of mixed icons.
    > Another icon, for example "Windows XP New Users Group" have only the
    > generic
    > "e" explorer icon.
    > When I go to the "Properties" selection on the info, it only has the
    > "General" tab, and no choice of changing the icon.
    > I know this is a small thing to worry with, but I would just like to have
    > my
    > desktop look better, plus it does make spotting the desktop shortcut icon
    > easier.
    > Can anyone help?
    >

    > --
    > Thanks for any assistance or suggestions.
    > Amber

    Type in Start Run
    regsvr32 sendmail

    http://www.uscricket.com
    "Amber" <Amber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0E292EF-2819-415C-BFD0-16C48E535B85@microsoft.com...
    >I am having a problem of not being able to send a website to the Desktop
    > as a "Shortcut". I have icons on the Desktop from the past, and these are
    > working correctly. I am able to send them to a folder in "Favorites", and
    > they are active from there
    >

    > I'm having difficulty with shortcut icons on the desktop. I use a lot of
    > these for quick connect to programs I use frequently.
    > I have noticed some program icons, for example ... WinZip have a "picture
    > theme" as their icon.
    > When I click on "Properties" for this icon, there are 3 tabs available...
    > "General"
    > "Shortcut"
    > "Compatibility"
    > Under the "Shortcut" tab, it allows the icon to be changed, and refers me to
    > a group of mixed icons.
    > Another icon, for example "Windows XP New Users Group" have only the generic
    > "e" explorer icon.
    > When I go to the "Properties" selection on the info, it only has the
    > "General" tab, and no choice of changing the icon.
    > I know this is a small thing to worry with, but I would just like to have my
    > desktop look better, plus it does make spotting the desktop shortcut icon
    > easier.
    > Can anyone help?
    >

    > --
    > Thanks for any assistance or suggestions.
    > Amber

Desktops Icons Windows XP