Windows Shortcuts / Icons

October 11, 2004 3:23:04 PM

I am having a problem of not being able to send a website to the Desktop
as a "Shortcut". I have icons on the Desktop from the past, and these are
working correctly. I am able to send them to a folder in "Favorites", and
they are active from there

I'm having difficulty with shortcut icons on the desktop. I use a lot of
these for quick connect to programs I use frequently.
I have noticed some program icons, for example ... WinZip have a "picture
theme" as their icon.
When I click on "Properties" for this icon, there are 3 tabs available...
"General"
"Shortcut"
"Compatibility"
Under the "Shortcut" tab, it allows the icon to be changed, and refers me to
a group of mixed icons.
Another icon, for example "Windows XP New Users Group" have only the generic
"e" explorer icon.
When I go to the "Properties" selection on the info, it only has the
"General" tab, and no choice of changing the icon.
I know this is a small thing to worry with, but I would just like to have my
desktop look better, plus it does make spotting the desktop shortcut icon
easier.
Can anyone help?

--
Thanks for any assistance or suggestions.
Amber

In Internet Explorer, click Favorites (from drop down menu) > click "Create
in" > New folder and type the path, example "C:\Documents and Settings\Your
Username\Desktop.

Andre
"Amber" <Amber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having a problem of not being able to send a website to the Desktop
> as a "Shortcut". I have icons on the Desktop from the past, and these are
> working correctly. I am able to send them to a folder in "Favorites", and
> they are active from there
>

> I'm having difficulty with shortcut icons on the desktop. I use a lot of
> these for quick connect to programs I use frequently.
> I have noticed some program icons, for example ... WinZip have a "picture
> theme" as their icon.
> When I click on "Properties" for this icon, there are 3 tabs available...
> "General"
> "Shortcut"
> "Compatibility"
> Under the "Shortcut" tab, it allows the icon to be changed, and refers me
> a group of mixed icons.
> Another icon, for example "Windows XP New Users Group" have only the
> generic
> "e" explorer icon.
> When I go to the "Properties" selection on the info, it only has the
> "General" tab, and no choice of changing the icon.
> I know this is a small thing to worry with, but I would just like to have
> my
> desktop look better, plus it does make spotting the desktop shortcut icon
> easier.
> Can anyone help?
>

> --
> Thanks for any assistance or suggestions.
> Amber
Anonymous
October 12, 2004 9:35:43 AM

Type in Start Run