How to Configure Serial Port A?

Greetings!

How do I reconfigure the BIOS settings so that Serial Port A uses COM2 and
IRQ #3? In initial BIOS setup at start-up, the device configuration is set
to be controlled by the OS. For all my searching, I have not found
instructions to make that change. I have a Toshiba laptop running XP Home
Edition & a Celeron CPU.

Thanks very much!
Max
maxheadspace@cablespeed.com
2 answers Last reply
More about configure serial port

    See link:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305588&sd=tech

    Andre
    "MiamiBaker" <miamibaker@cablespeed.com> wrote in message
    > Greetings!
    >
    > How do I reconfigure the BIOS settings so that Serial Port A uses COM2 and
    > IRQ #3? In initial BIOS setup at start-up, the device configuration is
    > set
    > to be controlled by the OS. For all my searching, I have not found
    > instructions to make that change. I have a Toshiba laptop running XP Home
    > Edition & a Celeron CPU.
    >
    > Thanks very much!
    > Max
    > maxheadspace@cablespeed.com

    Ask the folks at Toshiba.

    "MiamiBaker" <miamibaker@cablespeed.com> wrote in message
    > Greetings!
    >
    > How do I reconfigure the BIOS settings so that Serial Port A uses COM2 and
    > IRQ #3? In initial BIOS setup at start-up, the device configuration is
    > set
    > to be controlled by the OS. For all my searching, I have not found
    > instructions to make that change. I have a Toshiba laptop running XP Home
    > Edition & a Celeron CPU.
    >
    > Thanks very much!
    > Max
    > maxheadspace@cablespeed.com