A7N8X and Radeon 64 DDR: DON'T WORK TOGETHER!!!

dpaige

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2001
I just intalled my A7N8X motherboard with my ATI Radeon 64DDR ViVo video card. For some reason when I get to the Windows XP load screen my monitor goes black. The few times I was able to get to the desktop it would get a blue screen of death. And the problem is with a ati file. The thing I don't get it that its a fresh install of XP. it should load it with no problem. Any ideas would be helpful.

Dante

I would check the rage 3d website for the latest ati drivers. Be sure to load directx before the video driver. I also try the "quality" settings with open GL and direct 3D if I have problems with the default settings. You may also have a defective card.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Odd, I have a Radeon LE TVO, which has the same PCB as your card, but with the input chips missing and smaller memory chips installed. And XP loads this wonderfull built in driver, newer drivers offered this older card nothing. So it's hard to believe it's a driver issue with the card...did you install the motherboard drivers properly?

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>