CE Mod: Tristram

So we're playing Chaos Empire, having lots of fun. I noticed the Cold
Plains Waygate was one-ended, and there was one to Tristram.

When I went to rescue Cain, though, I went all the way across Tristram
and couldn't find the Waygate.

Come on. What am I missing?

C&J

--
Beware of Trojans, they're complete smegheads.

- 13 & 13b of 12, the CMM Collective.
- www.afrj-monkeyhouse.org

On 7-Mar-2005, Chucky & Janica <janica.hindle@kolumbus.finland> wrote:

> When I went to rescue Cain, though, I went all the way across Tristram
> and couldn't find the Waygate.
>
> Come on. What am I missing?

It is hidden pretty good, it is just 'above' where you used to portal in,
hiding behind the corner of the wall.
You did find your stash there, right? It is over where Wirt's body used
to be, just below that big rock, it looks like a camel is trying to eat it
or something.
--
Don't Panic!

Once upon a time - for example, Mon, 07 Mar 2005 17:23:19 GMT - there
was this guy, or something, called "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname>,
and they made us all feel better by saying the following stuff:

>> When I went to rescue Cain, though, I went all the way across Tristram
>> and couldn't find the Waygate.
>>
>> Come on. What am I missing?
>
>It is hidden pretty good, it is just 'above' where you used to portal in,
>hiding behind the corner of the wall.

Hmm. I'll have a look. I couldn't see it on the automap or anything.
Thanks.

>You did find your stash there, right? It is over where Wirt's body used
>to be, just below that big rock, it looks like a camel is trying to eat it
>or something.

Yeah, I found that. I like the way the stash is elsewhere. I guess
it'll keep showing up.

C&J

--
Beware of Trojans, they're complete smegheads.

- 13 & 13b of 12, the CMM Collective.
- www.afrj-monkeyhouse.org

Once upon a time - for example, Tue, 08 Mar 2005 17:56:15 +0200 -
there was this guy, or something, called Chucky & Janica
<janica.hindle@kolumbus.finland>, and they made us all feel better by
saying the following stuff:

>>> When I went to rescue Cain, though, I went all the way across Tristram
>>> and couldn't find the Waygate.
>>>
>>> Come on. What am I missing?
>>
>>It is hidden pretty good, it is just 'above' where you used to portal in,
>>hiding behind the corner of the wall.
>
>Hmm. I'll have a look. I couldn't see it on the automap or anything.
>Thanks.
>
>>You did find your stash there, right? It is over where Wirt's body used
>>to be, just below that big rock, it looks like a camel is trying to eat it
>>or something.
>
>Yeah, I found that. I like the way the stash is elsewhere. I guess
>it'll keep showing up.

I found the waygate.

Any idea why some characters walk through CE like they're walking
through taffy?

C&J

--

On 9-Mar-2005, Chucky & Janica <janica.hindle@kolumbus.finland> wrote:

> Any idea why some characters walk through CE like they're walking
> through taffy?

Not really. I do know that it sure seems like two different types of
characters when I switch from my level 67 necro with 197% faster run/walk
to my level 20 necro with 10% faster run/walk. lol
--
Don't Panic!

Once upon a time - for example, Wed, 09 Mar 2005 18:41:25 GMT - there
was this guy, or something, called "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname>,
and they made us all feel better by saying the following stuff:

>> Any idea why some characters walk through CE like they're walking
>> through taffy?
>
>Not really. I do know that it sure seems like two different types of
>characters when I switch from my level 67 necro with 197% faster run/walk
>to my level 20 necro with 10% faster run/walk. lol

I pulled across my level 84 Amazon, who has a pretty fast run rate in
the original game version. In CE, she seems to be walking through mud.
At a run, she's still way below normal walking speed.

Plus, what are "Mysterious scrolls"?

C&J

--

On 11-Mar-2005, Chucky & Janica <janica.hindle@kolumbus.finland> wrote:

> Plus, what are "Mysterious scrolls"?

Unused so far, either don't bother to pick them up, or just sell them, or
just right click on them in your inventory to make them disappear.
--
Don't Panic!

Once upon a time - for example, Fri, 11 Mar 2005 18:19:41 GMT - there
was this guy, or something, called "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname>,
and they made us all feel better by saying the following stuff:

>> Plus, what are "Mysterious scrolls"?
>
>Unused so far, either don't bother to pick them up, or just sell them, or
>just right click on them in your inventory to make them disappear.

Yeah, we did that "make them disappear" trick. What we were wondering
was, what are they for?

C&J

--

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005, Chucky & Janica wrote:

>> Once upon a time - for example, Fri, 11 Mar 2005 18:19:41 GMT - there
>> was this guy, or something, called "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname>,
>> and they made us all feel better by saying the following stuff:

>> >Unused so far, either don't bother to pick them up, or just sell them, or
>> >just right click on them in your inventory to make them disappear.
>>
>> Yeah, we did that "make them disappear" trick. What we were wondering
>> was, what are they for?

As of today, NOTHING.

Sell them if you want to, but money is no problem.

At Gheeds, everything sells for top dollar. Tomes of identify or town
portal sell for 7.5 million roughly. Exploding, strangling, and other
attack potions sell *very* nicely.

Once upon a time - for example, Sun, 03 Apr 2005 14:49:13 GMT - there
was this guy, or something, called Brian Brunner
<brian.brunner@verizon.net>, and they made us all feel better by
saying the following stuff:

>At Gheeds, everything sells for top dollar. Tomes of identify or town
>portal sell for 7.5 million roughly.

Good grief. I've been selling them at Charsi's for 50 thousand.

Or do you mean Gheed buys them from you for 50 thousand, then sells
them back for 7.5 million? Because I'm all over that little scam.
Charsi and Fara do the same thing.

>Exploding, strangling, and other
>attack potions sell *very* nicely.

*nod*

So ... the scrolls are just a bit of a mystery for now. Thanks.

I wonder how much Gheed will pay to get his quill back. I found a
"Gheed's quill" in a chest a little while back. Janica also found
Cain's spleen, but didn't manage to re-insert it in the old windbag.

C&J

--

On 4-Apr-2005, Chucky & Janica <janica.hindle@kolumbus.finland> wrote:

> Good grief. I've been selling them at Charsi's for 50 thousand.
>
> Or do you mean Gheed buys them from you for 50 thousand, then sells
> them back for 7.5 million? Because I'm all over that little scam.
> Charsi and Fara do the same thing.

Nope, he BUYS them for that 7.5 million, he charges almost 10 million if
you want to buy it back IIRC.
And, if that is not enough for you, try selling one of those valuable
elixirs, almost 500 million gold you get for that little bottle.

> >Exploding, strangling, and other
> >attack potions sell *very* nicely.
>
> *nod*
>
> So ... the scrolls are just a bit of a mystery for now. Thanks.
>
> I wonder how much Gheed will pay to get his quill back. I found a
> "Gheed's quill" in a chest a little while back. Janica also found
> Cain's spleen, but didn't manage to re-insert it in the old windbag.

You want to save those quills, three of them and a rare ring (cubed
together) give you added mf and gold from monsters.
Did you know you can socket rings, ammys, and belts? Sometimes it will not
tell you it is socketed but you can usually tell when you hover your mouse
over the item.
--
Don't Panic!

Once upon a time - for example, Mon, 04 Apr 2005 15:30:15 GMT - there
was this guy, or something, called "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname>,
and they made us all feel better by saying the following stuff:

>> Or do you mean Gheed buys them from you for 50 thousand, then sells
>> them back for 7.5 million? Because I'm all over that little scam.
>> Charsi and Fara do the same thing.
>
>Nope, he BUYS them for that 7.5 million, he charges almost 10 million if
>you want to buy it back IIRC.

Just tried that. Unfortunately I couldn't carry it, and I couldn't
stash it, and I wasted a lot of it standing next to Gheed and gambling
until my mouseclick finger was raw.

It was great.

However, the mysterious scroll sold for 450 gold. Maybe I sold it in
the wrong mode. Gamble instead of sell.

>And, if that is not enough for you, try selling one of those valuable
>elixirs, almost 500 million gold you get for that little bottle.

Damn it, I have one of those. Are they good for anything else? The
readme is strangely secretive, for a readme.

Plus, what do you do with that sort of money, besides gamble until
your mouseclick finger is raw? Again?

>> I wonder how much Gheed will pay to get his quill back. I found a
>> "Gheed's quill" in a chest a little while back. Janica also found
>> Cain's spleen, but didn't manage to re-insert it in the old windbag.
>
>You want to save those quills, three of them and a rare ring (cubed
>together) give you added mf and gold from monsters.

So ... Gheed can give me 500 million at the drop of a bottle, my stash
is full of torches, and I want extra gold and magic from monsters?

What sort of ring is "rare"? The yellow sort or the gold?

>Did you know you can socket rings, ammys, and belts?

Oooh. I've seen belts with sockets, but I didn't know there was some
way of doing it yourself. I recall a Cube recipe for sockets, but it
only worked with 6 gems and an unmagical item.

Don't know if you can get unmagical rings.

>Sometimes it will not
>tell you it is socketed but you can usually tell when you hover your mouse
>over the item.

I'll have to check that out. Very neat.

C&J

--

On 5-Apr-2005, Chucky & Janica <janica.hindle@kolumbus.finland> wrote:

> However, the mysterious scroll sold for 450 gold. Maybe I sold it in
> the wrong mode. Gamble instead of sell.

Doesn't matter, those are actually from a prior version and are just not
used at this time, I usually just leave them lay, they take up 4 spaces
that could be holding something worth more.

> >And, if that is not enough for you, try selling one of those valuable
> >elixirs, almost 500 million gold you get for that little bottle.
>
> Damn it, I have one of those. Are they good for anything else? The
> readme is strangely secretive, for a readme.

If you right click on a valuable elixir your life and mana (and more?) are
pumped up enormously for a time. Makes you darn near invulnerable.

> Plus, what do you do with that sort of money, besides gamble until
> your mouseclick finger is raw? Again?

LoL, yep, that is when I try for the expensive armors.

> What sort of ring is "rare"? The yellow sort or the gold?

Yellow. Gold is 'unique'.
Yes, you can socket blue (magic), yellow (rare), green (set), and even
gold (unique) items. The recipe is 2 pgems for each socket you want. The
readme tells you what sockets in ammys, belts, and rings act like (shield,
armor, weapon IIRC).
Remember, you can create runewords with blue or yellow items, also don't
forget the one time upgrade recipes for rare items, you can do that even
on top of a runeword if the item was yellow to begin with.
You should see the Doom my merc is using, not only did I do all the above
but I have been using potions of sharpening, death, accuracy, and mastery
on it too, Very fast killing indeed.
--
Don't Panic!

Once upon a time - for example, Tue, 05 Apr 2005 15:43:27 GMT - there
was this guy, or something, called "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname>,
and they made us all feel better by saying the following stuff:

>> However, the mysterious scroll sold for 450 gold. Maybe I sold it in
>> the wrong mode. Gamble instead of sell.
>
>Doesn't matter, those are actually from a prior version and are just not
>used at this time, I usually just leave them lay, they take up 4 spaces
>that could be holding something worth more.

Damn it, though, they have to be good for something!

>> >And, if that is not enough for you, try selling one of those valuable
>> >elixirs, almost 500 million gold you get for that little bottle.
>>
>> Damn it, I have one of those. Are they good for anything else? The
>> readme is strangely secretive, for a readme.
>
>If you right click on a valuable elixir your life and mana (and more?) are
>pumped up enormously for a time. Makes you darn near invulnerable.

Hey.

Cool. But 500 million...

>> What sort of ring is "rare"? The yellow sort or the gold?
>
>Yellow. Gold is 'unique'.

Righty.

>Yes, you can socket blue (magic), yellow (rare), green (set), and even
>gold (unique) items. The recipe is 2 pgems for each socket you want. The
>readme tells you what sockets in ammys, belts, and rings act like (shield,
>armor, weapon IIRC).

Neat.

>Remember, you can create runewords with blue or yellow items,

As of Chaos Empire? Only I tried it with v1.10 and it didn't work.

>also don't
>forget the one time upgrade recipes for rare items, you can do that even
>on top of a runeword if the item was yellow to begin with.

You're losing me.

>You should see the Doom my merc is using, not only did I do all the above
>but I have been using potions of sharpening, death, accuracy, and mastery
>on it too, Very fast killing indeed.

Hee hee. Every time I use a couple of cool oils on a weapon, I find a
better weapon.

C&J

--

On 6-Apr-2005, Chucky & Janica <janica.hindle@kolumbus.finland> wrote:

> >Remember, you can create runewords with blue or yellow items,
>
> As of Chaos Empire? Only I tried it with v1.10 and it didn't work.

Yes, the CEmod allows you to make runewords with magic or rare items, but
not with uniques (or belts, smoke does not work in a belt even tho sockets
in belts are supposed to act like sockets in armor). Also, you can make
ALL runewords, realm and ladder only words too.

> >also don't
> >forget the one time upgrade recipes for rare items, you can do that
> >even
> >on top of a runeword if the item was yellow to begin with.
>
> You're losing me.

From the CEmod readme:
One time upgraded Item - Rare Item and 3 correct body parts
Torso + Heart = 15-20% LL
Helm + Brain = 40-60% Faster Cast
Weapon + Jawbone = 2,5 Damage per Level (Cold, Lightning, Fire)
Amulet + Eye = 15-20% ML
Weapon + Horn = 5 Damage per Level (phys. Dmg)
Shoes + Tail = 40-60 Faster Run
Shield + Flag = 2,5 Damage per Level reflected when hit
Gloves + Fang = 40-60 IAS
Ring + Quill = 50-75% MF + 75%-125 Gold + 5 Light
Belt + Spleen = 5 poison Damage per Level for 2 seconds + prevent monster
heal

You can do these on top of runewords if you started with a rare item. Make
sure you use them on your merc's items too!

> Hee hee. Every time I use a couple of cool oils on a weapon, I find a
> better weapon.

Ya, I had that happening too, I now have a couple of 'early' Doom's in my
shared stash. I really, REALLY like that runeword for my might merc,
except when I am first starting out for the night. I usually take it away
from him so that the monsters he kills do not turn into a quickly
vanishing puddle, then after I have raised my army he gets it back.
--
Don't Panic!

Once upon a time - for example, Wed, 06 Apr 2005 17:21:49 GMT - there
was this guy, or something, called "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname>,
and they made us all feel better by saying the following stuff:

>> As of Chaos Empire? Only I tried it with v1.10 and it didn't work.
>
>Yes, the CEmod allows you to make runewords with magic or rare items, but
>not with uniques (or belts, smoke does not work in a belt even tho sockets
>in belts are supposed to act like sockets in armor). Also, you can make
>ALL runewords, realm and ladder only words too.

Sweet, this is a must-do.

Tell me, do you guys gamble for runes when you sell these 500 million
bottles of potion?

>From the CEmod readme:
>One time upgraded Item - Rare Item and 3 correct body parts

Sweet.

>Torso + Heart = 15-20% LL

I'm probably having a dumb morning, but what does LL stand for?

I haven't seen a torso yet. Is it some kind of armour, or is it a
body-part? Another dumb question, I know, but I have lots of those.

>Helm + Brain = 40-60% Faster Cast
>Weapon + Jawbone = 2,5 Damage per Level (Cold, Lightning, Fire)
>Amulet + Eye = 15-20% ML
>Weapon + Horn = 5 Damage per Level (phys. Dmg)
>Shoes + Tail = 40-60 Faster Run
>Shield + Flag = 2,5 Damage per Level reflected when hit
>Gloves + Fang = 40-60 IAS
>Ring + Quill = 50-75% MF + 75%-125 Gold + 5 Light
>Belt + Spleen = 5 poison Damage per Level for 2 seconds + prevent monster
>heal

Fabulous. I have to do this.

>You can do these on top of runewords if you started with a rare item. Make
>sure you use them on your merc's items too!

Yeah, I keep forgetting that dude.

>> Hee hee. Every time I use a couple of cool oils on a weapon, I find a
>> better weapon.
>
>Ya, I had that happening too, I now have a couple of 'early' Doom's in my
>shared stash. I really, REALLY like that runeword for my might merc,
>except when I am first starting out for the night. I usually take it away
>from him so that the monsters he kills do not turn into a quickly
>vanishing puddle, then after I have raised my army he gets it back.

Hee hee. What do you have against quickly vanishing puddles? Some of
my best friends are quickly vanishing puddles. I was born in a quickly
vanishing puddle...

C&J

--
Beware of Trojans, they're complete smegheads.

- 13 & 13b of 12, the CMM Collective.
- www.afrj-monkeyhouse.org

On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 09:08:53 +0300, in alt.games.diablo Chucky & Janica
<janica.hindle@kolumbus.finland> wrote:

>Once upon a time - for example, Wed, 06 Apr 2005 17:21:49 GMT - there
>was this guy, or something, called "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname>,
>and they made us all feel better by saying the following stuff:
>

>>Torso + Heart = 15-20% LL
>
>I'm probably having a dumb morning, but what does LL stand for?
>
>I haven't seen a torso yet. Is it some kind of armour, or is it a
>body-part? Another dumb question, I know, but I have lots of those.

Torso would refer to body (torso) armor, and LL is Life Leech

--

Gaze

"Chalk it up to experience" is a euphemism for "Dang I f**ked up!"

Once upon a time - for example, Sun, 10 Apr 2005 06:09:34 GMT - there
was this guy, or something, called Gaze <gaze@abnt.org>, and they made
us all feel better by saying the following stuff:

>>>Torso + Heart = 15-20% LL
>>
>>I'm probably having a dumb morning, but what does LL stand for?
>>
>>I haven't seen a torso yet. Is it some kind of armour, or is it a
>>body-part? Another dumb question, I know, but I have lots of those.
>
>Torso would refer to body (torso) armor,

I see.

>and LL is Life Leech

Is that the same as life stolen per hit?

C&J

--

On 10-Apr-2005, Chucky & Janica <janica.hindle@kolumbus.finland> wrote:

> >and LL is Life Leech
>
> Is that the same as life stolen per hit?

Yes.
--
Don't Panic!