Sign in with
Your question

asus vs. soyo

Last response: in Motherboards
December 29, 2002 10:38:27 PM

I am building new system and trying to decide on which motherboard to purchase I will be running a XP 2600, or 2700 CPU. I am between the ASUS A7N8X DELUXE and the SY-KT400 DRAGON Ultra (Platinum Edition). KT400 vs. Nforce2 which is the fastest? Also I want a board that I can upgrade processor at later date if I choose to do so, does anyone know what the max is for both of these boards?. As of right now I am leaning toward the Asus but just wanted some feedback from others. Also if I go with the Asus should what type of memory would you recommend (1) 512 or (2) 256 and Crucial or Corsair? Thanks

More about : asus soyo

December 29, 2002 11:08:13 PM

Definately buy ASUS A7N8X Deluxe.

For best performance, use two sticks of PC2700 CL2 memory. If you want to upgrate to Barton, then consider buying PC3200 CL2 or PC3500 CL2 ram. Otherwise PC2700 CL2 is enough. I recommend Corsair XMS.

Let us know what is the Best Chipset of 2002 in your eye.<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/community/modules.php?na..." target="_new"> Click </A>
a b V Motherboard
December 30, 2002 4:39:30 AM

I've dealt with Soyo unfortunately, and can report that they don't support their warranty. You'll pay large handling fees for anything that's returned under warranty, and you might have to wait months for an RMA. Also, it's slower than the A7N8X, has lower quality features, and did I mention Soyo sould their soul to the devil, er, VIA, on the P4 chipsets? Anyway, I don't recommend Soyo ANYTHING after the last 6 run ins I've had with them. I'd tell you a story about Asus support, but for as many Asus boards as I've owned, I've never had to RMA one!

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>
Related resources
December 30, 2002 7:34:51 PM

good god man! you would think via had killed your family or somthing!

my computer is so fast, it completes an endless loop in less than 4 seconds!
a b V Motherboard
December 31, 2002 1:42:39 AM

No, just my dad.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>
December 31, 2002 4:34:33 AM

via killed your dad, its all coming together now.

my computer is so fast, it completes an endless loop in less than 4 seconds!
!